basic troop choices for Coils of the Hydra lists.

The laughing raven

It could work with Dynat who would give them an effective AP1, but honestly it's not a trick I would use often as it exposes them to a lot of retaliation.  It just illustrates how much mobility they can have.

I'm going to shift some things around and give the 3 assault squads a proxy game or two. They also make good delivery vehicles for Alpharius, who can pop out on turn 2 ready to assault the enemy ranks at the cost of a 13-point Marine.

It could work with Dynat who would give them an effective AP1, but honestly it's not a trick I would use often as it exposes them to a lot of retaliation.  It just illustrates how much mobility they can have.

I'm going to shift some things around and give the 3 assault squads a proxy game or two. They also make good delivery vehicles for Alpharius, who can pop out on turn 2 ready to assault the enemy ranks at the cost of a 13-point Marine.

would skip on using Dynat as have a phobia of special characters apart from the Idea of Alpharius, which sounds incredibly good fun to do, my usual opponents are a cheese tag team who could do with some nasty surprises.... :)

fancy doing a summary or batrep of the performance after you've done the test runs?

I want to find a way of using destroyers with assault marines, but think they may end up a very squishy glass cannon, wish i had two spartans as was thinking you could transport a squad of eac in both then double assault out, but think this would have to be for 3k+pts.

has anyone made an alpharius conversion and if so what base models have they used?

Archived