IO - Titans in the Insurrection

Chief Captain Redd

As someone whom can call theirself an old school 40k player, something that has irked me lately is the shrinking of Warlord and Emperor class Titans. Once upon a time Warlords would stand between 100-200 meters and Emperors 300+ meters.

Now obviously that doesn't work on the table top, but I thought to ask ye brethren if this is something we should address in fluff.
My thought was what if size variance is determined by it's home manufactorum. So a Mars Alpha Warlord can be around fifty meters because of higher grade energy sources, materials, and more compact void shield generators. Allowing it to have the same weaponry as a Lucius pattern that's almost three times the height because of worse metals requiring far thicker plates and bulkier motive units and engines. And this could apply to Emperor class Titans as well.

Also secondly do we want to bring back the rarely mentioned Apocalypse class Titan? I was kind of thinking it'd be a great weapon for traitors during the siege of Terra. The loyalists makintg a triumphant stand; but then A massive landing ship finds ground in a scorched plain near the palace and out comes a Titan so large each foot step shakes the palace and even the largest Imperator only reaches it's knee, and then it lets all hell loose when it fires.

Anyway just a couple of ideas, what do you all think?

Edited by Lord Thørn

Well that's why I was thinking we could base their size on the forgeworld origin. Like the Warlord Titans they built years ago for the siege diorama were over four feet tall and supposed to close to 300 feet tall in scale.

If nobody likes it I'm fine with it, I just wanted to bring some epicness to scenes that is all :)