One more Inquisition Plog

///////TRANSMISSION INCOMING +++ UNKNOWN SOURCE///////

Hello, fellow Inquisitors. For a very long time, I've been lurking and reading every posts, every threads related with Inquisitors, Holy Ordos, Rogue Traders, Ecclesiarchy, etc. Love the variety and the freedom of creation they allow. Lately, some experiments have be holding on my workbench and looking at Lysimachus minis made me want to give my own fantasy a try. Thus I come here, seeking feedbacks on fluff and on models.

I do not have an Inquisitor models for the time being. But some ideas have popped up recently, like a female Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and her faithful acolyte, or a Ordo Hereticus Radical, followed by his gothic styled henchmen… But they are only concept…

The real work started with the people surrounding those two characters-to-be. And the environment they evolve in. So first, a planet, not named yet, low-tech due to isolation from the Imperium (Warp storms or Tyrannids…), with weird day-night cycle. Most of its surface is composed of uninhabited desertic barrens, so-called The Barrens. Some inner seas are largely polluted because of the massive mining and industrial exploitation. However, on the shores, cities have been developed.

The biggest one is Broken-Arrow Town, so-called Hoodootown, built on the ruins of an unfinished Imperial Cathedral. It is ruled by secretive people (probable remnants of the Adeptus Mechanicus), the only one that can predict or calculate the day cycle. Humans and abhumans (mutants) cohabit for millenias, even if the mutants represent the lower social class of the society.

This is a bit of a background. Now, maybe we should have a look at some (in)famous characters living in.

First are the enforcers, the local policemen. The one on the left is the first model I ever painted for Inq28... but first for no reason at all. I was bored at home, so mixing bitz together, finding it cool, then painting in an almost random color scheme. Such created a model I'm really fond of. That's not the case of the second enforcer. I'm quite fine with the model, but the face and breastplate painting are really unsatisfactory. They will be stripped and repainted at some point, and I take gladly every advice on "how to successfully paint face and eyes".

med_gallery_87558_12287_684706.jpgmed_gallery_87558_12287_101322.jpg

But could a planet exist with only fighters inhabiting it? Okay, lore-wise, there are... but I do prefer to have civilians. I went first with a little mutant (on the right) based on a Gretchin and a Ghoul. The conversion is not especially remarkable, the paint neither. But I'm expecting to make his base as scenic as possible. He will be the Butcher, selling and preparing meat for his fellow citizens. Where the meat comes from, that is not known msn-wink.gif Oh, and he will probably have some links with the gangs of Broken-Arrow Town.

The grumpy old guy on the left is a Librarian. He does not have psychic powers but keeps and sells books. Even forbidden one. The head and body are from WFB range, with the Servo-Skull added later and willing to be painted. 'Cause the lad needed a W40k look. For the bookseller color scheme, it may sound weird but I drew my inspiration from the XVIIth century Dutch army, blue and orange.

med_gallery_87558_12287_1425216.jpgmed_gallery_87558_12287_1007702.jpg

And my current really early WIP, with GS and cuts incoming, the third enforcer. And, judging by its size, it's gonna be a mutant. Anyone knows a good tutorial on how to make buboes and cracked skin? His gun on the pic has already been removed and replaced with a Gretchin Revolver. And he'll probably receive a GS "skirt" and a bit more of armor plates.

med_gallery_87558_12287_802091.jpgmed_gallery_87558_12287_707002.jpg

That was probably to long for a proper introduction but aye...

Archived