Librarians in power armour?

ServoBadger

Like a lot of other people it seems, I like the idea of adding a Librarian to squads of Veterans.  However... what's the best source of Librarians in power armour?  GW only seem to do one in plastic and the shoulder pad isn't a separate piece.

Terminator armour isn't a problem, there are options there, but I'd like to be able to run at least one of my Kill Teams in a Rhino.

It's the hood that gives me trouble, since my green stuff skills are, well, nil.

I do have one guy with a jump pack wHo I painted blue and gave a rebreather and the most scroll-heavy pads I could find, but he just looks like a particularly well-read Ultramarine.

Like a lot of other people it seems, I like the idea of adding a Librarian to squads of Veterans.  However... what's the best source of Librarians in power armour?  GW only seem to do one in plastic and the shoulder pad isn't a separate piece.

Ironically, Watch Master. Keys, scrolls, hood, the works, replace his forearm with clavis, swap halberd for force weapon and you have pretty nice one.

I'm going to echo the Librarian from Dark Vengeance and also the one from Overkill as good choices.  Grey Knight conversions are a great idea too, though if you're having trouble converting psychic hoods, try this conversion out with a simple shoulder pad!  Space%252520marine%252520librarian%25252

I'm going to echo the Librarian from Dark Vengeance and also the one from Overkill as good choices. Grey Knight conversions are a great idea too, though if you're having trouble converting psychic hoods, try this conversion out with a simple shoulder pad! Space%252520marine%252520librarian%25252

That is brilliant, a bit of greenstuff to add a few cables would make it even more awesome.

I can't take credit for it. Asked the Oracle (Google) a while back and this is what I got. It seems so simple it's almost insulting, but it works so well I can't argue with the results. Definitely a big +1 for the cables/wiring; perhaps some Adeptus Mechanicus kitbashing is in order? happy.png

The dark Angels veteran kit has some really nice robes and hoods I used to make a Blood Angel librarian.

Indeed! They also make good models to represent pious Astartes in your Kill Teams! (Dark Angels and successors of course, but Angels Sanguine and Black Templars too!) happy.png

The dark Angels veteran kit has some really nice robes and hoods I used to make a Blood Angel librarian.

Indeed! They also make good models to represent pious Astartes in your Kill Teams! (Dark Angels and successors of course, but Angels Sanguine and Black Templars too!) happy.png

Where have you got the Angels Sanguine + robes from? They don't remove their helmets in front of anyone (heavily implied that it's due to horrific mutation, the kind that would encourage the Inquisition to start getting all up in the Sons of Sanguinus' business; 'cause that usually ends well for them *cough* Flesh Tearers *cough*), but that's about it as far as any fluff on their armour affectations goes. In fact due to that it's highly unlikely you'd see them in the Deathwatch.

Tangent:

Thinking about it I don't know that many BA Successors would serve; I can't see Blood Drinkers being given leeway to indulge themselves in the activity that gave them their name; the Angels Vermillion exist in a self-imposed exile from all brother-marine; Charnel Guard are reclusive and live in stasis pods when not actively involved in a campaign; Angels Encarmine - like the Flesh Tearers and Lamenters - have severely diminished numbers and so are unlikely to be sending brothers away; the latter two have also been on the cusp of excommunication with Flesh Tearers being fairly well known for having no one want to stand next to them in a fight, whereas the Knights of Blood and Flesh Eaters actually have been declared renegades!

Archived