Ordo Astartes

Nasa estimates that maybe 100 billion solarsystems exists in the universe.

The =][= put 10 guys to keep an eye on all the maps.

Although GW at large have issues with the sheer scale of the galaxy.

Nope, the =][= put 10 men on watching the men who watch the men who keep an eye on the maps.

Everytime I read that list, Ordo Vigilus makes me chuckle.

I don't know, the size of the Minor Ordo seems too... Minor.

10 guys checking all the maps of the entire galaxy?

50 for the Marines and 500 for the guards also seems very little, especially considering that there are untold billions of guardsmen out there.

Eh, while I agree, I feel the FFG DH games put way too many Inquisitors out there. I imagine a system gets a visit from an Inquititor maybe a couple times a decade, if it's especially unlucky and bad things are happening, and even then most of the time they won't ever know he/she was there.
If you're referring to the Calixus Sector, it's specifically stated as having an abnormally high number of Inquisitors compared to a normal sector due to the unusually large amount of creepiness going on. Compare to the Askellon Sector, which has significantly less but is in far worse shape.

The =][= put 10 guys to keep an eye on all the maps.

Incorrect. 10 guys who happened to be Inquisitors decided that it was important to watch over stellar cartography. Ordos come about because a group of Inquisitors are interested in specializing in a particular field and have enough political currency to establish some infrastructure for it. Not because some centralized Inquisition declared it to be important. It has nothing to do with how many Inquisitors SHOULD be in a particular field, only how many want to be. I'm sure there are millions of individuals in the AdMech, the Administratum, and the Navis Nobilite who share that same interest and are doing the same work as those Inquisitors but with slightly more restricted authority.

That's a really good point there. Inquisitors only answer to themselves and occasionally other Inquisitors, and the Ordos are just loose collections of people with similar goals, but no real hierarchy. Of course, I don't doubt that there are groups of Inquisitors who HAVE set up a hierarchical system, but that's far from the usual case.

Archived