Nomad-Predation Fleet questions.

Ekim_Trub

Greeting brothers, been looking at the fluff regarding the Nomad-Predatuon Fleets and have some questions I was hoping you's may be able to answer for me.

Could a Nomad-Predation Fleet of the XIXth/RG Legion exist without having been exiled?

Would it be possible for them to possess mk.VI power armour?

And, do we know when Tartaros TDA was issued to the Legion?

Thanks in advance, Burt.

Greeting brothers, been looking at the fluff regarding the Nomad-Predatuon Fleets and have some questions I was hoping you's may be able to answer for me.

1. Could a Nomad-Predation Fleet of the XIXth/RG Legion exist without having been exiled?

2. Would it be possible for them to possess mk.VI power armour?

3. And, do we know when Tartaros TDA was issued to the Legion?

Thanks in advance, Burt.

1. Yes. Arkhas Fal led the legion prior to Corax taking it over. The tactics were of counter-insurgency, repression and the of an occupation force. There tactics were very heavy handed and basically were ok with cleansing worlds. They did not have a home world other than Terra before corax returned so they were basically fleet based. 

2. Raven Guard were one of the first legions to get Mk Vi armor. So they would actually be mk IV heavy. I'm pretty sure they are depicted as such in the babdab war. 

3. Tartaros Terminator armor shared a lot of systems with the Mk IV. I think they basically came out around the same time. So I think it fits the time frame as well. 

Thanks for the reply.

Do we know if Corax utilised the Nomad-Predation Fleets (other than for exile) after he took command of the Legion?

I was hoping to have my DIY Chapter originate from a Fleet that had been too far away to be involved in the Isstvan V massacre, and only made it back to the Legion after the events in Deliverance Lost.

Ashen Claws, a XIX nomad predation fleet, is shown using MKIV a lot.

Corax recalled some fleets after the Dropsite Massacre, but theres nothing specific. He did have several cadres of terran XIX he used, such as the Deliverers; Cataphractii termis he teleported in to massacre places.

Go for it, that concept is quite viable

So, we are all thinking that they would be mostly equipped with mk.IV 'Maximus' PA & that if they had access to mk.VI 'Corvus' PA, it would be in limited numbers.

I wonder if it would be possible for the Chapter to gain the ability to manufacture mk.VI? (In the same way the Iron Hands & Red Scorpions can still manufacture mk.IV Armour)

I plan on having them utilise Tartaros TDA due to it's enhanced agility, as it would suit their combat doctrine better.

The Raven Guard were involved in the development of the MK VI... maybe they came up with / received prototypes as part of this testing? Which made it onto a Predation fleet's armoury? I figure a predation fleet would have to be self sufficient and would manufacture its own parts and ammo, so would make sense for them to eventually develop their own patterns.

• 1 year later...

Archived