TG's Deathwatch Plog

Thunder_god

I have over 150 Crimson Fist models (full 5th company, around 30+ models for my 2nd company Led by Vet Sgt Grimm mounted in drop pods, elements of the 10th co, and Lots of sternguard) blink.png and plus planning on having a few in different squads of my Deathwatch teams. IMHO the Red Fist would stay on Members that served in the 1st Co, as they are the ones that have both fists usually red.

He looks awesome Thunder. I really want to do mine now. Lol great job on a great sculpt.

Also just have to say again I love the basing you're using. Very different and realistic. Is the skull from a basing kit?

The skull came from I don't know where!

I found a plastic skull in a ziplock bag in with my big box-o-space wolves bits, and there we go.  It might have come from one of the numerous WHFB Chaos Warriors sets I've bought over the years to raid for axes and the like for my Wolves.  All I can tell you is that it came from a GW kit of some sort!  That's what I get for 16 years of collecting models!

Sounds good to me.

I'm calling my Terminator Librarian done:

I should say so!  Glorious work overall, I really think the extra time you took on this bad boy was worth it!

Thank you Vel.  Silly thing is I want to get another one because I know I can do a better job!

Crimson Fists send more Marines than any other Chapter to the Deathwatch followed closely by the Novamarines. I find it interesting how the Chapters that work closest with the DW are not first founding.

Interesting. Plus I'd imagine Crimson Fists have the least to spare. I would have thought more of White Scars (I mean every competitive tournament marine army is White Scars)... just kidding, but really White Scars seem to have a strong history vs. Tau and Orks.

Crimson Fists send more Marines than any other Chapter to the Deathwatch followed closely by the Novamarines. I find it interesting how the Chapters that work closest with the DW are not first founding.

I also find it interesting because the CFs are badly depleted in-universe.  The fact that they are willing to send valuable Veteran battle-brothers away when the chapter is in such dire straits is indicative of their piety and self-sacrificing nature.

I always liked the fluff that a large amount of the surviving Scythes of the Emperor are serving in the Deathwatch. It was hinted that the newest chapter master sent these scythes because they wanted to go out in a blaze of glory while he wants to rebuild. I think that he may have cut a deal with the Inquisition too.

I always liked the fluff that a large amount of the surviving Scythes of the Emperor are serving in the Deathwatch. It was hinted that the newest chapter master sent these scythes because they wanted to go out in a blaze of glory while he wants to rebuild. I think that he may have cut a deal with the Inquisition too.

This is literally my plan for my Watch Captain. Totally original, do not steal! tongue.png

Here's a close up of "bionic eye baldy man". I like that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/E1B6D7B6-4D3C-4871-8074-C29EA4FEE867_zpsakfs5hcs.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/34B22865-3E39-494E-A132-3F3887D79A7C_zpsaeha7hev.jpg

I don't know if a Crimson Fist seconded to the Deathwatch would keep his red gauntlet, but BEBM is!

GLORIOUS!

(As yelled by the nearest chaplain in earshot)

I've been mocking up my Watch Captain. He hails from Fenris, and enjoys smiting Xenos with his really big axe. He carries a storm shield and will be properly 'wolfed out' when I'm done with him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/3B70D323-B9C0-4209-8375-9F8E90325919_zpsoijl1mrv.jpg

This is what happens when I start digging in my bits box. Legion Champion lower body, Deathwatch torso and arms, Space Wolfes axe and head do far. The head may change, but this one has a wildness too it. I definitely want a feral look on this model. Not only does he excel at hunting Xenos, he revels in it.

Much more to come.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/wrnjr/3B70D323-B9C0-4209-8375-9F8E90325919_zpsoijl1mrv.jpg

...is that a real SW head? pinch.gif
Regretably, yes. Whoever gave that concept the green light deserves to be converted into a Servitor.

http://www.spellcrow.com/images/Space_Knights/SpeceKnightsHeadsLongHair.jpg

Space Knights Heads with Long Hair. Hehe sorry for the advertising just some bits i have on my desk that i wanted to suggest for fellow deathwatch.

The company that makes them is Spellcrow in the EU, might be able to find a retailer on ebay with a set closer to you, i didn't post a link to their website as i'm unaware of the Tos concerning hyperlinks to shops. :D

...is that a real SW head? pinch.gif

I laugh a little every time I see unhelemeted SW heads, can't help it. They mostly look ridiculous. I can imagine this guy arrived at the Watch Fortress and the resident Captain took one look and said, "Oh no, this will not do. Serf, fetch me the clippers, this many is getting a proper hair cut if he's to serve here." They were half way through a grade 6 clipping and then a distress beacon went off...

More seriously, have you thought about raising the torso up a bit? He looks a bit oddly proportioned at the moment

Archived