A Tale of 20 Hobbyists - Sign-up - ALL SLOTS FILLED

I have some Guard models to get for my Inq band. I can wait a while before I get the Rhinos etc. I'll be getting them on Tuesday. Otherwise, I'm kinda for the start smile.png

@Kurama I feel ya there brother about half of my list needs to be ordered still but there's several things I've been debating with myself on adding. Ever since you mentioned outriders the ideas been lodged in my brain pan. That and I feel like a list with as many terminators as mine really probably needs a heavy transport but I can't decide on spartan , fire raptor, or an assault ram?

Assault Ram there's not enough of them around.

I'm thinking of making this army a bike and Rhino list with a mastodon as a LoW

Don't let your dreams be dreams. ..."JUST DO IT"

Full on Slaaneshi bikers would be epic, seriously, I can't think of any biker based heresy armies on these boards. I'd love to see a guy standing on his bike doing coke... A pre Daemon Doomrider would be pretty funky...

Well, at least I have the majority of my stuff built/prepped. Still have to build/base 20 Assault Marines and 10 Kakophoni.

You two are seriously going to turn my haughty loyalist into dirty pervs! Traitors open up so much more fun with the modelling aspect!

@Lord Commander Eidolon, Loyalists are straight edge. Traitors have Warp Cocaine. The best stories never started with, "Hey, hold my Codex." 

@Kurama, I am tempted to make some bikers, I think it would mesh well with the Assault Marines that I'm in the process of building. I would love to make a homage to Doomrider, I've always enjoyed the concept of the character and how fickle he was in his rules incarnation. One memorable game had him show up, kill my friends HQ and Retinue then promptly disappear the next turn. I only remember that because the game afterwards, he showed up and disappeared before getting into close combat.

Well I do understand the temptation. so ive decided to plan around this as a future list;

Praetor with command squad

Primus medicae (using tylos Rubio as the base for the conversion and hopefully hunting down Lucius the eternals arms and a chiruegon backpack)

all mounted in a rhino

Legion Champion on bike with phoenix spear (doomrider)

running 3 squads of 9 kakophoni with attached apothecaries in rhinos

2 squads of 10 outriders I'm thinking maybe upgrade their bolters to plasma just for high ap targets

2 leviathans for :cusss and giggles.

its not an ideal list I know but I think it could be fun.

purchase them as separate slots maybe add a deathstorm drop pod too. could be a smart idea plus it then could open up a potential for an orbital drop list.

I'm just worried about sicarian typhon Spartan spam.

not many fast attack options that would fit with a highly mobile list and those templates do my head in.

don't think I cold win any games or be competitive but the thought of doomrider and 20 outriders running amok is appealing and you could imagine the noise from sonic shriekers kakophoni and bikes making an amazing crescendo fitting for my orchestra

There's always going to be a soft/hard counter to any list out there, the goal is to have fun.

Besides, you can always beat your opponent up in the parking lot to prove who the real victor is here.

Well they say idle hands are the devils plaything.  Unfortunately an idle mind is just as bad if not worse.  Whilst I have been stuck wasting away the days at my Mother in laws half way across the country from home (actually in Adelaide, just south of Kurama country) my mind has been a wondering over what models I want to get to painting.  I am stuck at the point of what I want to paint compared to what I can afford and compared to what I can realistically paint in the time frame available.   So my plan is a complete rework of my list when I get back home and get access to my books.  That and it will most likely grow to a 1850 Point list, the size of the local tournies over here.  Been trying to get an army up and running for years so this will be the way I do it.  

Assault Ram there's not enough of them around.

I'm thinking of making this army a bike and Rhino list with a mastodon as a LoW

I was actually just thinking that the other day part of why I'm liking the option more and more . If you're gonna go full on mechanized you could throw some awesome nods to mad max in there those guys knew how to party EC style.

brother sp you could have told me bud id have come and got you drunk!

and yes I will fight in the parking lot on the street in a bar etc etc

I'm also thinking full metal EC should be fun.

and boys rmember you can always hit me up on b&c and facebook etc when your in my area. ive got more booze than most bottle shops

Come on guys, don't get discouraged yet! Keep up that enthusiasm! We haven't even got off to a proper start! tongue.png

Kurama: Deffo consider gettting a Mastodon! I'm seriously considering ordering one myself! Is the new list your new list for the event? smile.png

Obscura: Looking good, man. I look forward to seeing all of that painted! thumbsup.gif

Brother SP: I see... just let me know when you rework the list so I can mark it down in the ledgers. thumbsup.gif

As for me, I went out today and purchased the bodies necessary for my Seeker Squad. I'll probably spend next month building those and painting up at least one of the Vindicators for my list.

Yeah I meant to hit you up Kurama.  Unfortunately over here for less then happy reasons (letting my Grandmother in Law meet my two kids before she passes away) and things have been... interesting.  Fly back on Tuesday but have a funny feeling it wont be more then a few months till we are back over for the funeral.  And as for the more drinks then a bar, I work in a BWS (bottle shop for the internationals out there) so I know how that works.  Was out in the Barossa today sampling mead and tawny...  Lets just say I am glad I wasn't driving...  There is always next time or the time after.  Maybe next time I can bring over the army from this and we can throw a few dice as we throw back a few beers.

@ Psycho - Yeah I dont think it will change over much but I need to get to the books back in Tassie first.

I'm going to try again to buy the DW vets box again. Failed to purchase from a completely different GWS yesterday. They'd sold out a few mins before.

Seems the blasted things are selling like hot cakes!!!

Yeah its been known for a long time that she doesn't have long.  The wonders of Cancer, hey.  I bet Renmark doesn't have Chocolate Jaffa mead.  But enough off topic.  So I am looking to basically work a Medusa Strike Force (I think thats the name). but unsure on other then the Demi Company what other options to take for, in all honesty, minimum models for maximum pay out.  Can't remember if the Dread detatchment that they can get counts to make the full formation or not...  Its just a pity that I wan't to get the new Assault marines I bought painted because my heart is more and more leaning towards bikers.  Well other then a command squad on bikes as I haven't painted an on foot command squad in so long (read about ten years) that I want to bach one out for this.  Any ideas from those near their books?

Archived