Grav Flux Bombard vs Artillery

Balthamal

Simply put, is the model removed automatically since it is unable to take a strength test? Or does it take a test with the majority strength of the crew as the baseline?

Had an issue crop up where player A said that as it's under the blast it takes the hit and has the test as per the second point above whereas player B said that it's removed automatically but any hits can just be Look out Sir'd on it regardless

no as its not a character, the wound will be allocated to the closest model to the leviathan though (ie if theres a crewman in the way he takes the wound first)

Are you sure? I thought Grav Flux wounds were inflicted upon a model by model basis in a similar way that Dangerous Terrain tests are model. The model itself is doing a St test and the wound goes onto that model, not into a wound pool.

Makes Levvy's a nice counter to rapiers, who themselves are nice counters to a lot of other things.

Not only Leviathans, but anything which can shoot with the Grav gun, any Dread, Rapier, Landspeeder armed with a Graviton Gun will insta wound the Carriage. In fact a box dread with dual CCW and Grav guns can land two templates on the squad and can do a HUGE amount of damage

Basically how it works is that you role for strength tests on a model by model basis, once you've calculated the total wounds they're distributed as per normal shooting 

Yep! So even if your sergeant fails a test, it goes into the wound pool and the closest model will take the hit... Yeah?

As for Grav weapons... I doubt you are going to see any Contemptors in Dread pods these days, it's very expensive for the transport now for something like that. But I suppose double grav has good merit. You are probably more likely to be outflanked by a few EC/ SoH ones etc

Archived