Too many Dark angels

henrywalker

I've got 5 of the robed dark angel terminators which I'm planning to sign over to the deathwatch.

Problem is I'm only planning on 20 terminators for my deathwatch army so 1/4 will be a dark angels.

So what other chapters commonly wear robes that I can make these termies be for some variety?

The other option would be to put them all in one squad and call the robes a special deathwatch thing rather than something original for the marine. Like they are a veteran squad or something.

Any other thoughts?

I've quite a few robes in amongst my Salamanders. Always fancied the look, myself - for any Marine operating alone, or in civilised bits, it has a vague chance of being a sensible disguise too. I mean, it's not going to fool anyone for long, but it might be enough.

Just go ahead with the scraping. Successor Chapters is a good shout, and it's a good look for Chaplains and Librarians too.

Angels sanguine are said to have robed hoods and not show there face and the dark angel to blood Angel use works well, it's easy to change that sword to a blood drop

That's the second time I've seen Angels Sanguine + robes mentioned recently, where has this idea come from?

The codex fluff has always been they won't remove their helmets outside of the fortress monastery, but never anything about robes and hoods afaik.

Angels sanguine are said to have robed hoods and not show there face and the dark angel to blood Angel use works well, it's easy to change that sword to a blood drop

That's the second time I've seen Angels Sanguine + robes mentioned recently, where has this idea come from?

The codex fluff has always been they won't remove their helmets outside of the fortress monastery, but never anything about robes and hoods afaik.

That was my fault. I guess I remembered the part about robes when in their monastery and just jumped the logic there.

You could use BT Sword Brethren as robed Termies too (though I suppose they're more about the groin-tabards than full robes, but it's not an insane stretch, right?). laugh.png

That was my fault. I guess I remembered the part about robes when in their monastery and just jumped the logic there.

You could use BT Sword Brethren as robed Termies too (though I suppose they're more about the groin-tabards than full robes, but it's not an insane stretch, right?). :lol:

The Angels Sanguine never remove their masks in the presence of anyone outside their Chapter. Even amongst their battle-brothers, their faces are usually hooded.

The bit above is from lexicanum, I may be mistaken I'll check when it a reasonable morning time here but I thought I read something in a blood Angels book. I look for it and get back to you

Two words "Black Shields". Depending on what you believe they may be "true" believer Dark Angels. I have thought about a  robed Demonhunters, Soul Drinkers, Flesh Terrors terminator. I figure the two descriptions go hand in hand. Honestly I would think any "senior" or "Elite" member of a chapter could be in a robe.

Archived