Give us The Last Son of Dorn early review

HeritorA

Why not just buy the book yourself and help out the authors?!

It's sickening the amount of people that just want spoilers spoon fed to them without having to contribute to the authors profession.

It's not like he's asking for a pdf or scan of it, just spoilers. I mean, the same point would then apply to people who put up Lets Play videos of recently released video games, or update wikipedia articles of summaries of movies, etc...

It's sickening the amount of people that just want spoilers spoon fed to them without having to contribute to the authors profession.

Is hating on spoiler threads the new thing we are doing?

well i have my pitch fork and torch, and it'd be a shame to let them go to waste

Yeah, got your point, but

Do I have the time to read all the books I would love to read? - Simply said: No, I don't. As I'm a head of department and father, I just don't have the time I used to have.

I need to pick out those books, I'm the most interested in. "Spoilers" help a lot to choose the right ones for me.

Of all the HH books (how many are there actually? 38 or so?) I only got about 10. And of those 10, I just finished about 5 or so. The rest is a to-do-list.

Would I want to buy every single HH book and put them on my to-do-list? Probably not.

I still appreciate the authors work by buying those I want to read. I'm sorry if that is not enough, but I need to pick out those I'm not interested in.

Not hating. I think it's important to show your appreciation to the authors by buying the books they spend so much time on. Without them the stories simply wouldn't exist.

We do that. For instance, I know what happens in PoD but I'm reading it now because I love John French. Similarly, when Prospero comes out I'm not gonna have the cash to drop on it immediately, but I am gonna wanna know what the wolves are organized like and their history. But I'll get it when I can. Like a hairy man in a nightclub once said to me, the leather will be obeyed.

Maybe because I do not want to read it? Cause I was disapointed with the Echoes of the Long War? And maybe i'm not as smug as you?

Maybe because I do not want to read it? Cause I was disapointed with the Echoes of the Long War? And maybe i'm not as smug as you?

Kinda sounds like you DO want to read it, when you ask if anyone can post a spoiler review before its even been released...

Kinda sounds like you DO want to read it, when you ask if anyone can post a spoiler review before its even been released...

That's a easily made misconception. HeritorA actually just wants to crap on books, not actually read them

1) No time. Full time work, College at night, I have to work out for my military obligations, study, paint, etc. 

2) Not all books are good. Spoilers are a good way to judge if it's going to be good or not. 

3) If it's not good, I don't want to support the author's book by buying it.

__

However, this is HeritorA who asked, so... yeah.

That's a easily made misconception. HeritorA actually just wants to crap on books, not actually read them

Sure - because i don't like crap like Vulkan lives and Deathfire? I read and reviewed more books then you will ever do in your life. And I don't have time on subpar book which 'The Last Son of Dorn is'.

Then book is bad - it is bad. Why should I write that it's good? Cause like schoolgirls you want to marry the author?

But I do want to know what's happened for further books - which would be amazing 'Shadow of Ullanor' and 'Beheading' because they are written by proffesional and talented authors - Rob Sanders and Guy Haley. Who will always be better than a ton of new 'talented' unnamed authors BL hired.

And people could user spoilers option

I think the last son of Dorne got killed by some sand snakes.

Haha rolleyes.gif

It's not like he's asking for a pdf or scan of it, just spoilers. I mean, the same point would then apply to people who put up Lets Play videos of recently released video games, or update wikipedia articles of summaries of movies, etc...

Exactly - all I want a spoilers synopsis for the book I will not read.

Mellow and Lord Kieran definitely do.

Sure - because i don't like crap like Vulkan lives and Deathfire? I read and reviewed more books then you will ever do in your life. And I don't have time on subpar book which 'The Last Son of Dorn is'.

Then book is bad - it is bad. Why should I write that it's good? Cause like schoolgirls you want to marry the author?

But I do want to know what's happened for further books - which would be amazing 'Shadow of Ullanor' and 'Beheading' because they are written by proffesional and talented authors - Rob Sanders and Guy Haley. Who will always be better than a ton of new 'talented' unnamed authors BL hired.

And people could user spoilers option

I think the last son of Dorne got killed by some sand snakes.

Haha rolleyes.gif

Exactly - all I want a spoilers synopsis for the book I will not read.

Mellow and Lord Kieran definitely do.

See I totally get wanting to get the lore enhancing narrative additions this book makes to the Beat Arises series - however, you have prejudged the book to be "sub par" before its even released - why the rush? When it gets released the facts will become clear.

On another note, anyone that takes the time to attend an event, speak to the staff and purchase it before release will not exactly be enamored with you saying its going to be poor and then asking for spoilers - think about what you are asking from those kind of people (of which I've been one before).

@HeritorA-You may have reviewed more books than I ever will. I'm fresh out of gold stars, but rest assured once I buy more you're on the top of my list.

You should never have to say a book is good if you don't believe it was. Hell, we probably agree that VL, DF or any number of BL releases were crap.

But there is a vital difference between how we approach these books.

I try to approach each book as its own entity. Sure, Kyme's last book may have left me dissatisfied, but maybe the next one will be different. Maybe this will be his home run.

You approach these books as if they insulted your mother and punched a baby. You come with such negative baggage that only the exceptional are adequate to you. With such a negative, arrogant view, you lack the ability to be fair and biased. You are like the b&c version of Bill O'Reilly.

"I'm not everybody's cup of tea. But sometimes criticism can be hurtful. Be respectful. I'm a good piano player, I can sing well, I write good songs. If you don't like it, fair enough. But give me a break." Elton John

Just give the authors, and fellow frater a break. Let go of whatever pissed you off so greatly that all you can produce is scorn.

Is this out on Saturday? It usually drops around 2nd week of the month

Probably - no info yet.

@HeritorA-You may have reviewed more books than I ever will. I'm fresh out of gold stars, but rest assured once I buy more you're on the top of my list.

You should never have to say a book is good if you don't believe it was. Hell, we probably agree that VL, DF or any number of BL releases were crap.

But there is a vital difference between how we approach these books.

I try to approach each book as its own entity. Sure, Kyme's last book may have left me dissatisfied, but maybe the next one will be different. Maybe this will be his home run.

You approach these books as if they insulted your mother and punched a baby. You come with such negative baggage that only the exceptional are adequate to you. With such a negative, arrogant view, you lack the ability to be fair and biased. You are like the b&c version of Bill O'Reilly.

"I'm not everybody's cup of tea. But sometimes criticism can be hurtful. Be respectful. I'm a good piano player, I can sing well, I write good songs. If you don't like it, fair enough. But give me a break." Elton John

Just give the authors, and fellow frater a break. Let go of whatever pissed you off so greatly that all you can produce is scorn.

Last 3 books from Kyme were let's say by your terms 'dissatisfying'.

But as a proverb goes: 'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.....'

Archived