Contrasting inquisition colour scheme (for deathwatch)

Hi all,

I spent the day at warhammer world (holy censored.gif its awesome) buying and building their exclusive command tanks.

I've built the Rhino Primaris with forgeworld Inqusition doors and panels and i'm thinking of painting it up as an inquisitor's command tank as I will have some inquisition forces scattered through my deathwatch army.

I think that would be nice and fluffy so now I have to work out a color scheme that compliments/contrasts the deathwatch black and silver. Anyone got any ideas? does the Ordos Xenos have anything approaching an official color scheme or similar?

Here is the Primaris

gallery_59654_12365_27475.jpggallery_59654_12365_48344.jpggallery_59654_12365_5139.jpggallery_59654_12365_53532.jpg

For anyone who is interested here is the LAnd Raider Excelsior from the same box. I did add deathwatch shoulder pads/heads but it is mostly left with the usual doors etc it comes with as they were too damn cool to pass up

gallery_59654_12365_55437.jpggallery_59654_12365_70684.jpggallery_59654_12365_27933.jpg

Colour schemes for Inquisitors can be literally anything. While the Inquisition historically has the classic red, white and black such is the limitless scope of individualism you can do whatever colours you want and justify them with barely a word!

While nothing says "here comes the Inquisition" faster than the classic scheme with giant =][= symbols slapped everywhere there's a lot to be said for taking your own spin on things :) If you're not sold on any of your own colours then the traditional colours will go very well with the Deathwatch :tu:

I second what the Lord Commissar has said and will also throw this into the pot: purple.

I once had an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor once who had on a purple dress (well, skirt, really). I chose that colour because it has a nice, dark profile and really works well against black. Hopefully, I can rebuild her and, in the process, make her look more up-to-date. She'll still have on a purple skirt, though, because I view Inquisitors as a noble lot.

Well, there's my 0.02$ happy.png!

Archived