Space Wolves - questions

Ragnarr

Hi guys.

Could you advise me how could garm-blood vial look like?

Your imagination and best guess is likely the most reliable way for you, as far as a garm-blood vial goes, right now. Unless there's one hidden somewhere, there's no official interpretation that I know of at this time.

Hi guys.

I was working on my first HH great company. First link is description of command units, second link is description of infantry unit. Thanks for your comments / recommendations.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332614-ragnarrs-greate-companies/?p=4701400

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/332614-ragnarrs-greate-companies/?p=4739632

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Is it still possible to equipped Wolf lord by a runic armour? Based on index: imperium 1 it seems it is not possible. And I can't find relics of the chapter - e.g. Banisvatr etc. Still in game? 

I opened my new books today :).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Can we use updated point values for wargear and weapons from the recently released Codex: Space Marines?

IIRC the answer is no. in the beginning of the book it states the book is only for Codex Marines not for the Loyal Big 4 (SW, DA, BA, GK)

• 3 months later...

Hi brothers.

I would like to ask whether is possible to combine various type of terminators. I mean type of TDA - e.g. one great company which is consisted of TDA Indomitus (e.g. 3 pack), TDA Cathaphractii (1 pack) and TDA Tartaros (1 pack). I cannot find the rules which forbid such combination.

I do not think it would be allowed as I think the different types of terminator armour have their own specific units, which is why, before the blood angels codex arrived they could not use cataphractii armour but now they can. It is a separate type of terminator.

However if you wanted to run a mixed unit of terminators then  they should all use the same rules and save values including invulnerable saves.

Also you would need to be clear to your opponent exactly the kind of armour they are ALL wearing..

I do not think it would be allowed as I think the different types of terminator armour have their own specific units, which is why, before the blood angels codex arrived they could not use cataphractii armour but now they can. It is a separate type of terminator.

However if you wanted to run a mixed unit of terminators then  they should all use the same rules and save values including invulnerable saves.

Also you would need to be clear to your opponent exactly the kind of armour they are ALL wearing..

Thanks. I hoped it would be possible. I have 6 Cat and 5 Tart which I equipped too much 40k than 30k :(

Thanks. I hoped it would be possible. I have 6 Cat and 5 Tart which I equipped too much 40k than 30k :sad.:

At the moment no, but if the Blood Angels codex is anything to go by, we'll most likely be allowed more of the Codex Space Marine armoury. The BA has already received Cataphractii and Tartaros according to Warhammer community, and it looks like they got the other tanks such as Hunters, Stalkers and even Stormtalon and Stormhawk Interceptors.

for now, stick with the Index selection, along with the Chapter Approved updated points cost. In regards to strategems, I suggest you carefully talk with your friends/opponents before trying to use the generic Codex SM strategems along with the 2 Chapter approved ones. Generally speaking, I think its fair as long as you don't use a specific chapter one (e.g. UM, WS, RG etc)

Actually for a more even game, I just ask that both of us use just the 3 BRB strategems. So far my friends/opponents have been quite accomodating to me. Makes the game less unpredictable, which translates to more fun and consistent for me.