The Beast Arises series

Darkbubba66

I saw The Beast Arises series on Amazon and before I buy them I would like opinions on if it is worth it. Thanks.

In simple words - some books are good, 2 are amazing, some are bad - in general plotline is quite strong and TBA reading is like watching a TV show. Some episodes good/some bad. To know for sure you need to read them yourself

I saw The Beast Arises series on Amazon and before I buy them I would like opinions on if it is worth it. Thanks.

In simple words - some books are good, 2 are amazing, some are bad - in general plotline is quite strong and TBA reading is like watching a TV show. Some episodes good/some bad. To know for sure you need to read them yourself

Thanks for the simple and logical words. I'll try them out.

There are a few bad books and a few dull books (Including I Am Slaughter, unfortunately) but when it gets going it gets going on all cylinders. Books like Predator Prey, Throneworld and The Beast Must Die make some of the boring books much more worth it. Your Milage May Vary on some like the Emperor Expects and The Long War though, and any books written by David Annadale could probably be skipped with a brief synopsis of the story.

There are a few bad books and a few dull books (Including I Am Slaughter, unfortunately) but when it gets going it gets going on all cylinders. Books like Predator Prey, Throneworld and The Beast Must Die make some of the boring books much more worth it. Your Milage May Vary on some like the Emperor Expects and The Long War though, and any books written by David Annadale could probably be skipped with a brief synopsis of the story.

Omg- exactly. You just described my exact opinion on the series msn-wink.gif

As a die hard HH fan and having read almost everything I was little hesitant to read since I felt spoiled reading about Primarchs and whatnot. I actually read the First one by Dan Abnett a month ago and was hooked! I bought all the way to book 7 off amazon since it is cheaper. I have thus far read up until book 3 and love it. As someone has said it is very much like a sitcom. Each book is ~200 pages so fairly easy to get via. Actually I am less interested in the Orc aspect (yes I know they are Orcs on roids) but rather the Terra Highlord stuff is a jem. I remember reading about Vangorich and the beheading stuff off the wiki site along time ago (obviously not as developed back then) but was hooked and wanted to know more...and many years later here we go. I know there are some issues but I have to admit I am impressed with the transition from different authors to each book.  

Archived