How many Grenades?

major higgins

Hello,

I'm a Krieg player, so I have Krak Grenades on every single models;  my question now is: How many krak grenade may I use in assault against vehicles or walkers? I had always used one attack per model with K.G. But now a friends of mine started to spoke about new clarification from GW where is stated that only one K.G. may be used per unit in assault. So which is the right rule now? Have you read something similar about grenades? I cannot find nothing about.

Thank You

The current round of FAQs from GW do say you can only use one grenade attack per squad, which makes them all but useless for some armies. They were published on the official Facebook page but they're still in draft mode. They haven't been made official yet. 

It's not actually the FAQ - it was always the case if you check the rules. It's not the first time everyone thought something was the case when it wasn't :P It does help the Guard more than hinder as it means we don't automatically lose a tank to a single round of assault any more.

As for the FAQs they are unofficial at the moment so you're not obligated to pay any attention (not that you would be anyway, but you know what I mean). As always, discuss with your opponent to find out where you stand :)

Same here, and anyone I've every played against "interpreted" the rules such that you get to use one grenade per model in close combat. Where does it say otherwise in the rules?

My DKoK were awesome with all their Krak grenades. Charging vehicles with my expendable ground-pounders killed more enemy tanks than my own tanks did!

The "clarification" makes no sense ... why do you need to pay per model if only one guy can use them? Especially when you consider meltabombs which can be bought cheaply on a lone character model or purchased for a whole squad.

The "clarification" makes no sense ... why do you need to pay per model if only one guy can use them? Especially when you consider meltabombs which can be bought cheaply on a lone character model or purchased for a whole squad.

You pay per model so that you don't lose the capability as soon as one guy gets shot.

Whether that's worth the points or not is another matter.

Yeah it's a reiteration of the existing rules, I along with many other players never realised we were playing it wrong! So far I don't mind it, means you have to be better with army lists and making sure you have enough AT - you can't just assume a load of Krak grenades in a squad will bring something down.

Oddly now it's only 1 grenade per squad I am now better when it comes to throwing a grenade in the shooting phase before charging something. I guess as before I knew I had enough Kraks to do the job and never thought about it... now every 'nade is sacred and must be used at every opportunity :P

I started playing in 4th where Blood Claws (and to a lesser extent Wolf Scouts) could purchase Melta bombs. That's an expensive squad wide upgrade if only one model can make an attack.

I'm also intrigued to know if it used to be any model could make a grenade attack.

Archived