Mankind's Evolution- Part of 40k End Times?

caladancid

Are we ever going to see a resolution of the plot lines from Nick Kyme's Salamanders series with Dak'ir and Chris Wraight's Space Wolf equivalent, Baldr? I have been wondering if that was a coincidence that two Chapters manifested supermen, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside with TBA and HH series going strong. The new 13th Black Crusade seems like a perfect opportunity to resolve this, with the astartes being forced to evolve to win.

It has always been a thing. A subtle, rarely written thing.

Mankind is slowly evolving. There are more and more psykers. And that's quite an issue for the Imperium, for psykers are gateways to the Warp, so it's no surprise there are more and more daemonic incursions.

I don't know what they want to do with it, or if they want to do something with it at all since they don't mention it often, but it's there. And I really enjoy reading tidbits of fluff, knowing the big picture. I particularly liked that bit about a child having a nosebleed on a random planet. A week later, the planet fell to a daemonic incursion.

I have just always found it interesting that different authors wrote characters who ended up in sort of the same place, with the same "end state" of being a new step in the evolutionary process. Maybe it was unintentional and I just want to read something into it that isn't there. But with all these rumors of primarchs coming back and end times shenanigans etc, etc, I want to believe!

I have just always found it interesting that different authors wrote characters who ended up in sort of the same place, with the same "end state" of being a new step in the evolutionary process. Maybe it was unintentional and I just want to read something into it that isn't there. But with all these rumors of primarchs coming back and end times shenanigans etc, etc, I want to believe!

With each day and rumours from fatka, bells, naftka, warseer, rumours - it's pretty much confirmed- Russ, Burlliman, Corax, Lion...

Interesting as I've heard about Russ, Papa Smurf, the Khan and the Lion. ^^

I'll wait until it's happening.

Khan and Corax are under question the most - cause they were prophesied in HH novels to die alone after the Heresy

Kinda wish they wouldn't have done that.

After the heresy can be anytime after the heresy. So he could have died alone in the eye. But I don't think he did.

Also, wasn't it more than just purging the tower? I thought he locked himself in there for a full year to contemplate and "mope" and when he left he said "never more."

I'm gonna preface this by saying I have no great loyalty to the old lore. Mostly because I got into 40k, like, 2 years ago.

But man, I hope not. I mean, sure, in the nebulous "end-times", mankind's evolution would probably play a role. I just hope we never see these endtimes. 40k is not itself a story, it is a setting within which stories can be told. What would the end-point even be? The obliteration of the galaxy maybe, but by who? Tyranids? Necrons? Chaos? Orks? Sly Marbo? And even if we were to get end-times, what about all the other stuff in 40k that needs writing aboot? There's a ton, and frankly I'd like a Beast Arises style series about things like The Gothic War before we get anything close to an "ending."

Also not a fan of this possible primarch intervention in 40k. The Father is the target, and the sons have failed to protect him, and also failed to destroy him. Their time has passed. Now is the time of the grandsons, even if they fight in the names of their fathers, it is their war.

Similar to Roomsky I'm new to the joy that is WH30 > 40k by about 5 years now and my primary exposure to the lore of this setting has been through the Heresy so everything shown there (even when it changes the old lore) i see as gospel. Flash forward to 40k and in a way it almost seems that the universe has become a victim of it's own success.

When first conceived all those years ago I'm certain the game / setting designers had no idea what kind of beast they were creating. The setting and lore will always hold more interest to me than the table top gaming and model kit (even though they're awesome to look at when painted) side of things but i always have to remind myself that the lore supports the game and most likely always will do. I cannot see how they could make any significant advances to the plot as there has to be a supporting codex or game / player rule based supplement.

Personally i want to see human kind win against Chaos and any other douch bag who opposes them. I want to have some of the greatest heroes of all time returned... Corax, Vulkan, Khan, The Lion, Robute & Russ. Not one or two, all of them! I want to see the Emperor re-incarnated and lead his 6 son's elbow deep down Abaddons throat before butchering every other Chaos / Black Legion piece of filth that exists... then turn to the darkest power of them all... The Inquisition msn-wink.gif

But, alas non of that will happen. The setting is about endless war and the big company execs don't want to see it end as long as people are still collecting, rolling dice, painting kits and reading / listening to books. Let the galaxy burn, and if the embers look to of cooled a little throw in some Promethium for good measure!

After the heresy can be anytime after the heresy. So he could have died alone in the eye. But I don't think he did.

Also, wasn't it more than just purging the tower? I thought he locked himself in there for a full year to contemplate and "mope" and when he left he said "never more."

Yea, the IA article went full emo with Corax...however, since Deliverance Lost promptly crapped all over that, I dont see why they cannot continue 

WLK

Yea, the IA article went full emo with Corax...however, since Deliverance Lost promptly crapped all over that, I dont see why they cannot continue

WLK

Yes. They will, lol biggrin.png

Archived