Which rules set for the Hades Breaching drill is better?

misterkho

I'm not aware of either rule set.

However this edition multiwound toughness based models with an armour save tend to fair a lot better than HP AV units.

Ie

T6+, W2+, Sv3+ >> any AV/HP combination unless its a landraider, AV13F walker or contains natural invul save of at least 4+.

I'm in agreement with duz, I'm not familiar with the unit rules but having a Toughness value instead of an Armour Value is superior in the current game in most situations. It may be a case of which rules are the correct/up to date ones though, so it might be a moot point somewhat.

The most recent ruleset is that of the Siege of Vraks Second Edition book. As this is the most up to date, it is these which should be used (this is the one with the toughness value, Imperial Armour volume one Second edition/Imperial Armour volume twelve: The Fall of Orpheus are the ones with the AV value).

From the Siege of Vraks book it is a Dedicated Transport. It (and the unit which purchased it) must start in Reserve and arrive via Deep Strike. It gets a 4++ on the turn it arrives and after that it moves as described by the Tunneling rule. Comparing this with the previous rules is IA I and IA XII, it is a lot simpler to use.

Pretty much. It can be confusing at times but both are perfectly legal...within those specific army lists. A standard IG list should still use the rules found in IA1:2nd Ed.

This is why I wish FW would release an Armies of the Astra Militarum book, ala their 30k red army books.

Archived