Deathwatch Assemble!

Targetlock

Here is the progress on my deathwatch, including the units as i build and complete them smile.png

My force is action movie themed and each squad is inspired by a different action or sci-fi movie that i love. first up is Aliens, with each squad member named after a different marine. apologies for the Crap quality of pics.

here is the full squad smile.png

Deathwatch 1

Deathwatch 2

Marines Bishop (Iron Hands) Hudson (Ultramarines) Apone (Salamanders) Hicks (Ultramarines) Vasquez (Crimson Fists)

Deathwatch 3

Marines Frost (Space wolves) Drake (Storm Drakes) Dietrich (Iron Wardens) Jones (Revenant Guard) Gorman (Dark Angels)
Also painted but not pictured are two terminators named willis and stallone smile.png and yes of yet unnamed black shield captain. but next up is Stalker armed squad themed on Predator. then hopefully a Corvus and squad themed on Avengers.

Decided to only go with the one frag cannon in the end, the other is going in my stalker squad. and just to note a fully intend to do ripley as a female inquisitor conversion a bit later on :) maybe with a servo skull called newt. 

Hulk = Terminator, Thor = Heavy Thunder Hammer, Cap = Storm Shield and Pistol, BW = Gunslinger Pistols, Iron Man = Vanguard Veteran, and Hawkeye = ?

Stalker pattern boltgun with a nice big silencer?

And a brace of multiple shells!

Maybe an actual bow? :) ive completed my six man predator led by dutch wielding a bow and including blaine with his minigun :) just need to take some decent pics.

Masked Thespian: what i was thinking :) though i was thinking iron man could be good as a terminator too, a bit like hulkbuster armour.

Maybe an actual bow? smile.png

Bridge too far for me, sir. rolleyes.gif

Well, you say that...

I came across this conversion around 11 years ago (yes, I've been around here that long, though it's obviously not reflected in my post count). I want to say that it was from here, on the Bolter and Chainsword, but I can't say who was the original author. For all I know, it was you and your last comment was tongue-in-cheek... tongue.png

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Masked_Thespian/Wargaming/40k%20Power%20Bow%20picture%202.jpg

Ok, parts used: The limbs are off an old skeleton bow; the bits they attach to are from the butts of the Kroot rifles, and the sight/rest is the middle part of said rifle. The arm and handle started life as a chainsword. The other painted bit beneath the hand is [part of] the chainsword engine. The string is a thin piece of wire.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Masked_Thespian/Wargaming/40k%20Power%20Bow%20picture.jpg

Fairly certain I saw a Kill Team on here somewhere with a White Scar that had a 'combi-melta' which was a bolter with a sort of built in crossbow to do the melta shot. It actually looked really good, to my surprise. Can't for the life of me remember whch brother did it, though I'm afraid.

Fairly certain I saw a Kill Team on here somewhere with a White Scar that had a 'combi-melta' which was a bolter with a sort of built in crossbow to do the melta shot. It actually looked really good, to my surprise

You mean the GW Condemnor Boltgun bit, or conversion?

Fairly certain I saw a Kill Team on here somewhere with a White Scar that had a 'combi-melta' which was a bolter with a sort of built in crossbow to do the melta shot. It actually looked really good, to my surprise

You mean the GW Condemnor Boltgun bit, or conversion?

I know the model Sock's talking about, unfortunately I can't recall the user who posted it but it was definitely a conversion.

As promised here come some more pics smile.png first up my fully completed Predator themed squad:

Predator Squad

Chapters are silver skull (Dutch) raven guard, blood angel, novamarine, black templar and Minotaurs (Blain) smile.png my two favourites are Dutch and Blane

Dutch & Blaine

And yes he has a bow, converted from a savage orc bow. also been busy creating a few characters and other conversions:

Group

Rune priest (as of yet un-named) stormcast marine, the black knight (black shield) and one of my two terminators.

Deathwatch Group

And here is the full collection, not included is a biker ive yet to paint ready for kill team. also included is the other terminator and my as yet un-named blackshield captain.

Also today at my gaming store i did a 1000pt game against craftworld eldar, where my deathwatch allied with my Iron Wardens Space marine. in the end victory went to the imperium msn-wink.gif discovered that stalker boltguns and frag cannons are great

Game

Hopefully up next is a Corvus when i get painted and the veteran squad based on the Avengers and of course Inquisitor Ripley.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived