After PoH, would another full WS novel make sense?

b1soul

Maybe. You're absolutely right regarding Garro. However, Given that he wanted to have like 490k marines, I assume he just wanted to be -the- overlord. He bent his knee to his adopted father and when he felt he learned enough/had the opportunity to fight back he took it. Same thing with the Emperor. His legion treats humans as pretty much worthless meat sacks. 

Wraight took the "mongolian biker" and made him incredibly nuanced. I hope someone does the same with Mortarion. 

Maybe. You're absolutely right regarding Garro. However, Given that he wanted to have like 490k marines, I assume he just wanted to be -the- overlord. He bent his knee to his adopted father and when he felt he learned enough/had the opportunity to fight back he took it. Same thing with the Emperor. His legion treats humans as pretty much worthless meat sacks. 

Based on FW's fluff, didn't Mortarion have some empathy for the horrific suffering inflicted upon the humans on Barbarus?

Wraight took the "mongolian biker" and made him incredibly nuanced. I hope someone does the same with Mortarion.

I hope so too

Before Wraight, the only WS stuff was really shallow and bland...Hunt for Voldorius and Savage Scars

Wraight made them really interesting

He could easily do the same for DG...Daemonology was excellent

Based on FW's fluff, didn't Mortarion have some empathy for the horrific suffering inflicted upon the humans on Barbarus?

I hope so too

Before Wraight, the only WS stuff was really shallow and bland...Hunt for Voldorius and Savage Scars

Wraight made them really interesting

He could easily do the same for DG...Daemonology was excellent

No - he did not. Mortarion was using everyone for his own ideas and plans - and called it 'road to freedom'. But Emperor was a tyrant for him - sureeeee...........

It's important to remember that none of the FW HH fluff is written from a third person omniscient perspective

It's all from the perspective of a Scouring-era Imperial historian, if I'm not mistaken.

Therefore, in book 6, it still says that the Khan really wanted to help Russ but didn't because of Dorn's message.

Either the historian did not have accurate info about the incident...or he did, but white washed it to avoid undermining the image of the loyalist primarchs as a mutually trusting fraternity

It's important to remember that none of the FW HH fluff is written from a third person omniscient perspective

It's all from the perspective of a Scouring-era Imperial historian, if I'm not mistaken.

Therefore, in book 6, it still says that the Khan really wanted to help Russ but didn't because of Dorn's message.

Either the historian did not have accurate info about the incident...or he did, but white washed it to avoid undermining the image of the loyalist primarchs as a mutually trusting fraternity

So true. Totally agree with your points brother

Archived