Imperial Fists - Terran Vets AB 2500

exsanguis

Hi guys,

So I scored some cheap Predators (4 to be exact) and found a B@C box in my man cave and was wanting to go back to my roots and do a VII Legion Armoured Breakthrough force. I wanted to keep it as fluffy as possible too, hence the Veterans and Heavy Support Squad. For 2500, here's what I came up with:

Master of Armour - Sicaran with AC and LC Sponsons

Predator - LC Sponsons

Predator - LC Sponsons

Predator - LC Sponsons

Predator - LC Sponsons

Contemptor-Mortis - 2x TL Lascannons

Veterans x10 - Sgt with AA and Fist, Vexilla, 2x Heavy Bolters, Marksmen, Rhino with Dozer Blade and HB

Veterans x10 - Sgt with AA and Fist, Vexilla, 2x Heavy Bolters, Marksmen, Rhino with Dozer Blade and HB

Heavy Support Squad x10 - Volkite Culverins, Sgt with AA and Scanner (Uses the Land Raider as a DT for the purposes of this rite)

Land Raider Proteus - AC and TL Lascannon

Sicaran Venator - Dozer Blade

2500 exactly. Should hopefully be enough AT from the Preds, MoA, Contemptor, Land Raider and Venator. The Heavy Squad can pop light armour as well. I will mainly be relying on drowning TEQ's and such with dice from the Vets and Culverins.

Thoughts?

I'd swap the HB in each of the rhinos for MM. A HB won't do much but one MM has the potential

to wreck light/ medium armour, especially if you're outflanking them.

Maybe think about an explorator augury array for the Proteus to ensure your outflanking vets turn up when you want. Most of the cost would be covered by dropping 2 culverins from the heavy support squad.

Perhaps drop 2 of the sponson las cannons from 2 of the preds to help pay for armoured ceramite on your warlord.

AC = Armoured Ceramite, so he does have it.

50 points for the augur array and it reduces the transport capacity to 8, which to me makes it pretty pointless for this list. It's mainly there because I already have the model built and needed a transport for the Heavy Support Squad.

That list looks cool, especially with the amount of infantry you have considering the rite you are running. One thing though is the Predators taken as troops can only have Heavy Bolter sponsons I believe, so that is some points saved

AC = Armoured Ceramite, so he does have it.

50 points for the augur array and it reduces the transport capacity to 8, which to me makes it pretty pointless for this list. It's mainly there because I already have the model built and needed a transport for the Heavy Support Squad.

Missed the AC, sorry!

It depends on how you're going to use your marksmen vets - if you plan to outflank 2-3 squads of them I'd suggest an augur array is far from pointless. Expensive yes, but it provides that assurance that your reserves are more likely going to turn up when you need them. The cost is mitigated by the fact it's easily paid for by dropping 2 of your heavy support squad (which you would need to do due to the reduced transport capacity).

I find when I have so many points invested in reserves a re- roll or +1 is invaluable.

It's obviously up to you and can easily be play tested using the models you already have.

I'm more of a "straight up the board and take the point" kinda guy. Many years of FPS gaming does that to you I guess.

Plus I don't think the IF mindset really cares about outflanking. Gotta be on the line to hold the line!

Archived