Artillery Platoon.

calgar101

I have ideas for a small force based around a deathstrike artillery piece or a scratch built gun.

This would only be 1000 points and would be part of my larger force. I was thinking company command squad, tech priest enginseers, 2 infantry platoons with 5 infantry squads, several mortar heavy weapon teams and maybe some sentinels.

This will be a force based more around fluff than anything else, talong the idea that several mixed forces work together.

That'd be a pretty good fluffy list, though not too strong on the table top. Infantry to support with a Techpriest to oversee is a good idea but you'll be short on heavy fire power and the Deathstrike just isn't reliable enough to kill things before they hit your lines. Maybe some Vets to add some punch for when they do would be a good idea?

Thinking about it, it should be a company not Platoon.

Yeah I think it will be quite underwhelming on the table top although my group isn't full of cheese or optimisation. I am thinking of using a different artillery piece.

Might go with all Vets or use Krieg troopers.

When I took my Deathstrike to my last event it did fire every game (6).

On your second turn as long as it started on the table and didn't move or get penetrated its firing ona 3+.

The biggest issue I found was rarely was a facing an opponent that had their units and models closely packed enough to do significant damage.

Its still fun to have on the table though. I wont use it competitively any more, but if I can bring it to a casual game I will continue to use it.

Archived