Planet/Valkyrie/Regiment Question

Arkangilos

So I was curious, are industrial worlds and forge worlds the only planets to produce Valkyries? Or could a standard Imperial World produce Valkyries as well?

I'm wondering because I want my regiment to be an Air Assault Regiment (I know, there aren't any real rules for standard Air Assault, just Airborne), and it basically started off as a PDF regiment that was part of a large war on its own world (it was invaded), and basically I wanted the planet to produce vehicles and such, and they had Valkyries that couldn't be shipped off so they adapted a few regiments to make use of the stock pile.

Since Valkyries are typically not regiment specific, but supplied by the Navy, it wouldn't make sense for the PDF to have access to them unless the world produced them for the Navy.

Valkyries are not provided to the Guard usually - more borrowed from the Navy. This can come in the form of a permanent arrangement as a regiment is merged, or if they have some... well, you get the picture you can do whatever you want with Guard without much effort justification tongue.png Perhaps they can product Valkyries, or their world encourages/demands such a method of war (e.g. Elysians). Maybe they're really good friends with a nearby Forge World and have some ancient agreement.

The Steel Legion can have their vehicles produced on World, so your regiment can too. Or, when in doubt: an Inquisitor did it laugh.png

Perhaps the terrain of your world necessitates that method of warfare (mountainous perhaps). The valkyrie is not capable of void flight, nor are the other variants (Vendetta, Vulture, or Sky Talon). Possibly due to production on world, or through the terrain demands of their world they need them, or they train an abnormal amount of pilots.

There's the Phantine Air Corps and their sister unit the Phantine Skyborne to consider. All IG, drawn from PDF forces, so there you go.

Archived