Burning of Prospero

Pariah32

The Prospero box will be priced at £95 the painting guide at £6 and there’s also will be a novel available for £20 (not that there's already 2... probably will contextualise geigor)

The shops will also receive the following items to distribute as the please:

Art cards – 8 sets

Pin Badges (Ahriman, Geigor) – 70 (35 each)

D12 dice for Space Wolves

D12 dice for Thousand Sons

I wasn't a fan of The Honoured, but really liked The Unburdened.

Same.

Where have you seen an info that Burning of Prospero will get a novel/novella treatment like 'The Betrayal at Calth'?

All that needs to be written is already done with McNeils 'Thousand Sons'  and Abnett's 'Prospero Burned'.

I'm sure that they will publish something to introduce Greigor.

As you could see BL hasn't produced anything new for 'Prospero Burns' box set. They definitely thought McNeils 'Thousand Sons'  and Abnett's 'Prospero Burned' are more than enough

I wouldn't be so sure there. The Thirteenth Wolf is certainly late to the party, but we haven't seen all of October's releases yet. The coming soon section went until Shadowsword, but most of the releases we know of now aren't coming before november 12. There's still two slots left before that, and this coming saturday sees the actual release day for Burning of Prospero, not just the preorder date.

The Thirteenth Wolf may be a HH story, but could have ramifications for Warzone Fenris II, you know, the warp did it type stuff

Same with the sundering of Caliban

does it take place in HH, or will it follow the 40K Legacy Of Caliban trilogy, because again, the warp did it/time travel

The Thirteenth Wolf may be a HH story, but could have ramifications for Warzone Fenris II, you know, the warp did it type stuff

does it take place in HH, or will it follow the 40K Legacy Of Caliban trilogy, because again, the warp did it/time travel

I'm not sure the latter will be part of the HH series. We'll see the lead-up as far as we can tell from the end of Angels of Caliban, but the sundering of Caliban itself was placed after the Siege. The way things are going, it might end up being a Scouring-era book rather than either HH or 40k.

I'm not sure the latter will be part of the HH series. We'll see the lead-up as far as we can tell from the end of Angels of Caliban, but the sundering of Caliban itself was placed after the Siege. The way things are going, it might end up being a Scouring-era book rather than either HH or 40k.

I think that's right after the Siege of Terra and definitely before the Scouring

Like the Iron Cage, Eskrador and the "death" of Guilliman, I always had the impression that the fall of Caliban was part of the Scouring: Post-Siege and Heresy and part of the big counter-offensive by the loyalist Legions. Depending on who you ask, the Scouring starts right after Terra or a few years later, but most of the big events associated with it are scheduled for the following year.

Scouring starts right  a few years later after loyalists has consolidated after Terra massacre to push forward. Lion get back to Earth -saw his father entombed and went home to Caliban right away. So Caliban fall definitely happened before the Scouring.

I'm a little disappointed it looks like no novels will concentrate on this release. Like I said I loved the others and would probably be stupid enough to jump on a collectors set for this. But at this point they would have some pre release info for sure.

It's strange to me because it would ride the wave of 40k releases like Magnus and even the attack on Fenris. It feels like a real missed opportunity. Perhaps sales for the Calth books were poor?

It's clear nothing is coming out I think, otherwise that would have been announced when it was launched last week.

I expect the reason is really that they feel the story has been adequately covered by ATS and Prospero Burns, and there is not much more to add.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Thirteenth Wolf was supposed to go along with it, but had to be pushed back or Prospero moved forward to be ready ahead of the holiday shopping.

This one is an odd one, though. They're obviously stretching the Prospero window until spring, with Russ out now but Custodes and Sisters getting teased only, and full HH rules coming in a few months. Then we also have Daemon Magnus coming up soon, and War Zone Fenris Pt.2.

Who knows how that will tie back to Prospero and the 10,000 year grudge. The Thirteenth Wolf obviously connects both with how the 13th Great Company is returning...

But then, a dedicated novel would have been cool, but at this point that would have been declared filler and irrelevant by fans. Though even Deathmasque didn't get a novel...

But then, a dedicated novel would have been cool, but at this point that would have been declared filler and irrelevant by fans. Though even Deathmasque didn't get a novel...

....when it should have, that arc could have become so awesome imo....but I digress.

I'm actually kinda happy that there isn't any novel attached to BoP because most likely Geigor and his wolves would just be a plot device for Ahriman to belittle and destroy. Sorta like the poor WB's in The Honoured. That book wasn't very well balanced (and I'm an Ultra fan).

As it is I'm kinda hesitant to think of what Thorpe will do to my legion unsure.png

Posted · Hidden by WarriorFish, October 28, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by WarriorFish, October 28, 2016 - No reason given

....when it should have, that arc could have become so awesome imo....but I digress.

I'm actually kinda happy that there isn't any novel attached to BoP because most likely Geigor and his wolves would just be a plot device for Ahriman to belittle and destroy. Sorta like the poor WB's in The Honoured. That book wasn't very well balanced (and I'm an Ultra fan).

As it is I'm kinda hesitant to think of what Thorpe will do to my legion unsure.png

Your Legion is soooo dead biggrin.png

Archived