[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

No, each blast is its own instance of terrain, same with phosphex. And as per the rules, while you only take one per turn per scenery piece, you can take multiple tests from multiple new instances of it

it depends how the blasts lie I suppose.

any that overlap, to me, would be one large piece of DT. But solo ones are just that.

That's not how it works

A skimmer only has to take a dangerous terrain test if it begins or ends it move in difficult terrain, and due to the wording of the rule it does not matter how many such pieces it is in contact with, it is only one test maximum at each end of the move. Meaning 3 grav templates still only cause a single test as long as it moves away from them completely.

Its slightly less clear cut, but I can see the argument being made either way for skimmers

Well, this weekend IF played vs custodes (2500pts vs 2000pts), mission was kill points some units were worth duble. Long story short, IF player at the end of the game had his praetor+medic+1 terminator from command squad left, custodes player lost 7 guys in total, only heteron squad was killed,tankibune didn't suffer a single wound. I don't even need to tell you difference in kill points,lol

Well, it was fun to listen half drunken rage about who wrote their rules and gave them that point cost,lol. And how no one is gonna want to play soon vs them xD

I mean, I still wanna play vs them and try some other tactics myself, although I don't plan to buy new models only to have a chance vs them.

Nah, I didn't play, friend of mine collects them, I am just a poor legionaire :D

But still, you would probably want to play with an handicape if you play custodes vs legion. It will be interesting too see how they fare on tournament, since legion players can't really make list that is good vs legion&custodes at the same time.

Didn't tailor just to face custodes, he expected to lose, just not this hard,lol.

He had his breacher RoW, and had few squads of breachers, some tacticals, 2 devastator squads,spartan with medic,pretor(IW with shield and fist?)&command squad(pf+shields). Custodes had 3bikes,tankibune with 4xheteron in transport, 2? squads of custodes - one in transport , tank. That's it I think more or less.

I'd be curious to see how a terminator based army fairs against Custodes.

Here's a 2500(2499 points to be specific) point list I'm thinking about working towards thanks to all the BoP sets I'll need for my Wolves. I've shied away from vehicles thanks to the price tag lol.

Valdor

(2x) Guardian squad (aera-shrikes)

(2x) sentinel guard squads (aera-shrikes, solarite power-gauntlets)

Hetaeron guard squad (paragon blades, praesidium shields, valdor goes with these guys)

Hetaeron guard squad (2x solarite power-gauntlets, praesidium shields)

Contemptor-achillus

Contemptor-achillus

Caladius

Caladius

Good point. Though I was thinking maybe Valdor could take care of any dreads I encounter?

Always better to have insurance.

The Heta squads would do well with a mix of weapons regardless.

I'm holding fire on building any for now, because no one is sure if those blades should be a paragon spear....

I'm also intrigued why people are taking basic Guardian squads... Shield Bros are better and give you a defensive anchor for the elites to the the real job. Plus Sisters work as incredible scoring hold units, plus they can infiltrate with a nuncio to bring in the Bananas.

Though, I can see the appeal of going for a mono-gold boys force.

Hellex, do you think a Caladius would have worked better than several Pallas?

Aye, I just read the bat rep too.

To me, the rules for the Pallas are just underwhelming. I actually think the Legion Javelin is downright better, providing a lot more shoots at the expense of a fair bit of survivability for a similar cost.

Unless you are aiming to KO Rhinos, a single S8 AP1 shot is quite underwhelming for 85 points, even with Exoshock.

The Adrathic version is, however quite interesting. S6 AP2 Armourbane is (at least in my mind) statistically better than the single blaze cannon shot. Average roll is 13 and while you aren't aiming to explode, you'll strip HP much better.

I'm kind of regretting building my sentinels with those ugly swords, as I didn't know they would have other options when I built them.

Any ideas on changing their loadout to power-gauntlets with having to painstakingly remove the pauldrons from the arms?

Hellex, do you think a Caladius would have worked better than several Pallas?

Aye, I just read the bat rep too.

To me, the rules for the Pallas are just underwhelming. I actually think the Legion Javelin is downright better, providing a lot more shoots at the expense of a fair bit of survivability for a similar cost.

Unless you are aiming to KO Rhinos, a single S8 AP1 shot is quite underwhelming for 85 points, even with Exoshock.

The Adrathic version is, however quite interesting. S6 AP2 Armourbane is (at least in my mind) statistically better than the single blaze cannon shot. Average roll is 13 and while you aren't aiming to explode, you'll strip HP much better.

My thoughts were along the same lines. I was thinking less vehicles but a Caladius with the heavy blaze cannon might be the way to go.

Less dakka but higher chance to kill? Needs testing I suppose.