[HH1.0] Legio Custodes Tactica

Charlo

Sword boards are better for taking fist vexilla.

Disagree.

Vexilla on Custodian Guard lets you take a master-crafted power axe, which gives you an invaluable AP2 damage source outside of the charge. Also the vexilla gives you extra combat res, also invaluable outside of a charge.

On the Sentinel Guard it looses you a shield. I'd rather have one sword and shield guy to tank the wounds for the other two more valuable fist and shield guys.

Crazy question, but can custodes take garro in the list? Could be fun.

Don't see why not and very fluffy/cool. If you don't have any Sisters, Rubio would also be pretty good. But I think the build-you-own-variant would work better.

Give him a Nuncio-vox and infiltrate him (need a Tribune Warlord for this) along-side a large squad of Sentinels or Hetaeron. Then you can precision deep strike Guard squads in turn 2 or 3.

Give him a Narthecium and choose the Protector Oath of Moment for your Tankibune. If your Tribune is in a large squad of Sentinels or Hetaeron, it's almost a guaranteed 2 extra victory points.

Just a shame you can't take a Vox and Narthecium on the same model.

Edited by ChainMachete

....sentinels are troops brah.

Yeah... I know they are. That's what I was trying (and failing) to say - unlike Hetaerons, Sentinels are a Troops choice that scores. They cost more though - good internal balance.

I'm in the same predicament as Black_out - not sure how to assemble the 10 models I have! :/

I have 20 of them with Ixion Hale (initially counts-as Valdor) coming soon. I am in the process of building:

1 x Captain/Tribune with iron halo, spear and shield

4 x Custodians with spears

2 x Custodians with vexilla and power axe

4 x Sentinels with shield and solarite gauntlet

2 x Sentinels with shield and sword

2 x Hetaeron with shield and paragon blade

2 x Hetaeron with solarite gauntlet and CCW

1 x Hetaeron with shield and solarite gauntlet

That leaves me with 2 spare models to put towards future builds. Gauntlet, power axe and paragon blades are all based off bits from the Sanguinary Guard kit. Already have a servo-skull painted up on its own base to use as a cyber-familiar. The Hetaeron are going to have the alternative steel/gold colour scheme to make them stand out. The rest will just be the normal gold colour scheme. Not going to bother converting melta or adrathic spears for now, unless Forge World take absolutely ages to get the kits out.

This build lets me run them as MSU 2x3 Custodians & 2x3 Sentinels or larger 5 Custodians & 5-6 Sentinels and gives me ~1500 points, not including Valdor and assuming a Shield Captain rather than Tribune. Throwing in Ixion as Valdor and buying a Callidus or dreadnought should push this up to ~2000 points.

Does this sound like a sensible build plan?

Edited by ChainMachete

Disagree.

Vexilla on Custodian Guard lets you take a master-crafted power axe, which gives you an invaluable AP2 damage source outside of the charge. Also the vexilla gives you extra combat res, also invaluable outside of a charge.

On the Sentinel Guard it looses you a shield. I'd rather have one sword and shield guy to tank the wounds for the other two more valuable fist and shield guys.

...disagree all you like. I am of the opinion that str10ap1 attacks with mastercrafted is better than str7 ap2.

I have no idea what you are talking about for the rest of your post. The ratio would be at minimum 2 sword boards to 1 fist vexilla. Meaning you do have someoneS to tank.

Also you may lose shield on one guy but that gains you an attack. A pretty worth while trade in my opinion.

Edited by Hellex_The_Thanatar

It's the same size as Terminators. Sorry if I got it wrong, I don't normally do GW games any more.

Edit: when it comes to Vexillas, I think Power Swords in shield squads with Solerite Gauntlets and axes in squads without. The Solerite gives you the AP you need and the power sword let's you deal with any pesky sergeants without Artificer Armour. Axes in squads without give you AP 2 when you don't have it. In Guard squads they give you AP 2 when you are charged or bogged down in combat already.

Edited by Rabidbunneh

Disagree.

...disagree all you like. I am of the opinion that str10ap1 attacks with mastercrafted is better than str7 ap2.

I have no idea what you are talking about for the rest of your post. The ratio would be at minimum 2 sword boards to 1 fist vexilla. Meaning you do have someoneS to tank.

Also you may lose shield on one guy but that gains you an attack. A pretty worth while trade in my opinion.

I was saying there's no need to take the vexilla on these guys, particularly if you're running MSU, just keep the shield and swap the sword for a fist. Your paying for the gauntlet upgrade, so make sure he has a shield for added protection. Hadn't realised you could use two weapons, for an extra attack when you had the Vexilla though - that could possibly make it worthwhile. I'm building my units of 3 Sentinels as 2 with fist & shield, 1 with sword & shield. Tempted to make all three fist & shield, but I'd like a little variation in my units just to make the build and painting more fun. Also I want to stick the sword guy in the front to soak up wounds, since odds are someone will die.

With Custodian Guard, having a Vexilla gives you something other than just the combat res & leadship benefits - the ability to swap a spear for an axe.

Edited by ChainMachete

I have 20 of them with Ixion Hale (initially counts-as Valdor) coming soon. I am in the process of building:

1 x Captain/Tribune with iron halo, spear and shield

4 x Custodians with spears

2 x Custodians with vexilla and power axe

4 x Sentinels with shield and solarite gauntlet

2 x Sentinels with shield and sword

2 x Hetaeron with shield and paragon blade

2 x Hetaeron with solarite gauntlet and CCW

1 x Hetaeron with shield and solarite gauntlet

That leaves me with 2 spare models to put towards future builds. Gauntlet, power axe and paragon blades are all based off bits from the Sanguinary Guard kit. Already have a servo-skull painted up on its own base to use as a cyber-familiar. The Hetaeron are going to have the alternative steel/gold colour scheme to make them stand out. The rest will just be the normal gold colour scheme. Not going to bother converting melta or adrathic spears for now, unless Forge World take absolutely ages to get the kits out.

This build lets me run them as MSU 2x3 Custodians & 2x3 Sentinels or larger 5 Custodians & 5-6 Sentinels and gives me ~1500 points, not including Valdor and assuming a Shield Captain rather than Tribune. Throwing in Ixion as Valdor and buying a Callidus or dreadnought should push this up to ~2000 points.

Does this sound like a sensible build plan?

Its similar to what i've built. The difference is i've gone for a few more tanks; 2 Caladius, and 2 Coronus (One for my Hetaeron squad and one for a Sentinel squad). They've been doing a lot of work for me so far, although i do have a lot of mechanised low model count armies in my area so i'm not always that outnumbered.  

Any tips for the Galatus? Really like the model and was wondering how it would perform on the battlefield.

Also after some playtesting, the bikes with Adrathic Destructors are A+. 6 instant death/armourbane shots at BS5 is nasty. We play it where the upgrade is in addition to the Bolt Cannon but that usually runs out of targets since the Destructors mulch everything.

Any tips for the Galatus? Really like the model and was wondering how it would perform on the battlefield.

Also after some playtesting, the bikes with Adrathic Destructors are A+. 6 instant death/armourbane shots at BS5 is nasty. We play it where the upgrade is in addition to the Bolt Cannon but that usually runs out of targets since the Destructors mulch everything.

I think I will be using pallas as bait. They are faster go in front and draw fire as even if I lose them a metric f ton of kill is right behind them with rampage.

Btw I saw someone mention 9 attacks from the galatus... I can only seem to account for max 8?? Base 4 one for cc weapon and d3 for rampage? Maxes out at 8 right?

I think I will be using pallas as bait. They are faster go in front and draw fire as even if I lose them a metric f ton of kill is right behind them with rampage.

Btw I saw someone mention 9 attacks from the galatus... I can only seem to account for max 8?? Base 4 one for cc weapon and d3 for rampage? Maxes out at 8 right?

Charge.