Ultramarines 38th Company

3e5a1b868981c362d0d10e76bd3e057e.png

++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION ++

Brothers, the dogs of Lorgar have shown their treachery today.

Let them know that the Sons of Guilliman do not fall so easily,

and make them pay for their betrayal of the Emperor in blood and death.

Courage and Honour!

++ END TRANSMISSION ++

I've been doing a fair bit of work on my Ultras lately, so thought I would start up a new WIP log as I felt my other one got a bit cluttered with various things and models that no longer exist etc, so this should make it a bit easier to follow. Hopefully this is ok, if not mods please feel free to add this to my previous thread.
This log will follow my building of the Ultramarines 38th Company, 3rd Centuria lead by Centurion Jay Burgii, Terran legionary of the XIIIth Legion. I will also be building and painting other elements of the 38th Company that aren't part of the 3rd Centuria, otherwise I would just be left with an army of infantry. tongue.png

d127d4c98512c4789ec12e240cf09de8.png

This is the long term plan, I shall also be making up another one of these images for the other stuff in my army like tanks and Suzerain etc.

++ Centurion Jay Burgii - Terran Legionary ++

Jkv5wfG.jpg

++ It is rumored among the 38th that Centurion Jay should have originally been inducted into the XIVth Legion,

but the casualties following the Osiris Rebellion at the hands of the Psybrids lead to his recruitment into the XIIIth Warborn ++

++ Apothecary Servius Agorix ++

zYXprxx.jpg

++ Veteran Squad Kaeso ++

3EAeOV7.jpg

(Missing 3 Legionaries that are in various stages of building/painting)

++ Tactical Squad Tertius ++

FEStmTV.jpg

(Complete aside from decals/transfers)

++ Rhino attached to Tactical Squad Tertius ++

XwLjWJC.jpg

++ WIP Veteran Tactical Squad Gnaeus ++

2MvrxjI.jpg

(Ignore the guy with white bits, he didn't get the memo that I've changed to black for Veterans)

++ WIP Legion Sicaran ++

dN4ZSAG.jpg

++ WIP Command Squad Nobilis ++

NCL2FzR.jpg

(Requires another two marines and finishing painting)

Other stuff that I built and basecoated in blue but no pictures of: Another Tactical Squad, a Land Raider, 5 Suzerains, a B@C Contemptor, 5 Cataphractii terminators and a multi-melta attack bike.

Hopefully I can try and update this thread and keep it alive, a task I always seem to fail when it comes to WIP logs on forums unfortunately.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look, James

Great presentation, that was very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to more!

Could you tell me where the sergeants' torsos are from please?

And there must be a story behind the doggy. That ain't no pug!

Thanks for the comments all!

Great presentation, that was very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to more!

Could you tell me where the sergeants' torsos are from please?

And there must be a story behind the doggy. That ain't no pug!

The torsos are from the Red Scorpion MK IV upgrade kit from FW with the scorpion scraped out the middle. I was lucky enough to win a lot on ebay that had quite a few of them in!

And the dog is there because I like dogs haha, but I am currently working on some fluff to tie him in to the army!

Just a quick question to you all, I am wanting to weather the lower legs of the marines and tracks of my tanks to tie in with the gray bases. What brands and colors do people recommend for this?

look awesome

what legs were used on the centurion? looks cool

Cheers! The legs are from a half chopped up Garviel Loken, got him on ebay for cheap! The torso was ruined by me attempting to cut down his collar a bit to fit a helmet, so he sat in my bitsbox for about a year until I tried to salvage him.

A small update..

Not much progress but stuff is getting done. Finished building the last 3 members of Veteran Squad Kaeso so Ive basecoated and washed them!
http://i.imgur.com/xcxR8IU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KHZxSas.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aZiBo36.jpg

That's all I really have to show at the moment, just need to add the transfers to the Sicaran then I'll post that up!

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the double post, have another small update!

I finally finished the 3 final marines for the veteran squad so thought I would post them and a little family photo of the completed squad.

++ Veteran Squad Kaeso ++

gngSr2c.jpg

a8UEbjX.jpg

++ Whilst the majority of the 38th Company were stationed at Erud alongside the rest of the 3rd Chapter during the muster at Calth, 

Veteran Squad Kaeso were accompanying Captain Jay as an Honour Guard within Numinus City itself when the atrocity began. Battling in the heavy fog that fell upon the city and

facing hordes of traitor scum and never-before seen horrors, it would be hours before they were reunited with what little was left of the 38th. ++

Sorry for the long gaps between updates, university work is starting to pile up but should get back into the swing of things shortly!

Thanks for looking, James

++ Legion Sicaran Battle Tank Lancea ++

e1sCpBY.jpg

bwIn9Si.jpg

++ Often deployed alongside Sicaran Battle Tank Verutum, it is one of many Sicaran Tanks attached to the 38th Company. Sicarans

Lancea and Verutum would register seven traitor Knight-Titan kills between them during the first few hours of the betrayal,

Astartes skill and determination out-winning and outmaneuvering the human Knight-pilots. ++

So, it's been just a little over a week since I last posted and I've finally finished the Sicaran. I plan to buy a second as I think they always look nice in pairs hence the little bit of fluff. I've also pledged 9 tactical marines in the Ultras Reinforcement Rush so expect them to be posted up in the coming weeks!

James

As stated elsewhere, big fan of your work here man. Keep it up. Courage and honour.

Cheers man, means a lot as you're probably my biggest source of inspiration when it comes to my Ultras!

Currently got all the black bits done on the 9 tac marines I mentioned, and I'm also painting up the command squad at the same time.

James

Thank you! They originally weren't meant to be so dark, but I was lazy and just decided to stick with it instead of stripping and repainting.

If you mean the image of the army in red silhouettes, I made it using the paint.net software. The background page and silhouettes were in a pinned post over on the Heresy30k forums in the army list section. Then it was just a job of piecing them all together!

If you have any more questions about it just hit me a PM!

Archived