Plasticholic in need of help

gomericus

Hello my names TIm and Im addicted to plastic crack.

While I have 500+ black templars,a titan legion,IG and sisters Im feeling the urge to create again and one of the biggest things that drew me to this game was being able to create my own force,in style,theme ect. Something I think gw has kinda lost along the way with the ohhhhh look shiny and new and expensive cookie cutter armies,

Anyways looking over my collection im pondering a steel host,,,led by my shadow sword with lil brother russes and old grumpy basilisks in the back

and years ago ,back when we could use skills and drills I crafted a gaunts ghost army,with alot of the main characters modelled in,with blue blood karksins,tanks ect,was rather nice at the time for my abilities,but I also had a blazer that would brake down every time I turned around so I ended up having to sell it for wayyy less than it was worth and I find myself also wanting to rebuild it as well.

Ah yes, the old days. I still roll some tanks that date back to the last millenium : P

What are you asking here though? Steel Host is good, maybe not ITC competitive but runs good in friendly games. The newer Russ variants are quite nice... the Steel Host in particular makes them stronger with BS4 (Punishers in particular, Vanquishers too).

As far as Baneblades go, Im partial to the Hellhammer (nice big template of death) or the Stormlord.

well as for the steel host,,cough,cough ,armoured company something has just always drawn me to shadow swords ever since I played the old 40k pc game,final liberation,,,,,guess my question there is,would that be over doing it as far as friendly games,I dont care about death stars and the like,I play to have fun and enjoy the hobby,,,,know tourny folks would scoff at my other ig army

As to the tanith army,,,im searching online but not finding much inspiration there,so any help as far as inspiring me would be awesome

also not sure what to field in it,as well for yrs ive played foot guard only armies,,,,think waves of infantry and field guns and cav

Shadowswords are cool, but I'm not sure they're terribly effective in non-Apocalypse games so I don't think you'd be overdoing it. Your opponent may find it had good odds of doing some serious damage to a unit but plenty of things can do that already. Much the same can be said of tank lists - capable and fun to play but not short of drawbacks an opponent can exploit :)

sience GW became a mecha anime fans and lets all those 'gundams' into non-apocaliptic games and they can be met in almost any army, sience D-strenght weapon can be found at a game of 1500 ponts, our super-heavies don't seem to be an over kill.

Archived