Where do you get your books?

Where do you guys normally get your books? I have a fascination about limited edition books but since I joined late in the hobby I have been having a hard time finding them and a hard time finding if there is a limited edition of the book. I would love to see where people shop.

BL.com to support the authors rather than 3rd hand. Though if Amazon direct sells them it still benefits. And yes, if you want a printed copy of something OOP you gotta go 3rd hand, perhaps.

I buy all of my books from the BL.com site but some of the OOP and limited aren't sold anymore. I have bought the limited edition russ book and the waiting on the magnus book... Though I missed the rowboaty girlyman book and its rather upsetting.

Trying to get a hold of OOP books is tricky. Sometimes BL get the brilliant idea to, gasp, re-issue their books, like a lot of 40k omnibuses recently. Sometimes they're stupid as can be and have tiny print runs that sell out within less than a month, like with Gotrek & Felix omnibuses, which even received new covers for the occassion.

A lot of other books are simply forgotten, and their print on demand offers didn't seem to do well enough to be expanded upon (no surprise, since they didn't even let them be ordered through GW stores...). For those, Amazon, ebay and sites like abebooks might do the trick, though depending on where you live, the shipping will hit very hard, and oftentimes harder than the book itself...

With Limited Editions you'll have to go 2nd hand or ebay scalpers, I'm afraid. People go out of their way to order multiple copies, prompting the release to sell out quickly, while offering their copies for a huge markup on ebay.

On that note, I'm still searching for the hardback of Archaon: Lord of Chaos. I was going to grab the trade paperback, but they scrapped that and rolled out the omnibus for Total War instead. So I'm stuck with Everchosen as hardback, which I could get as trade paperback, but the sequel is omnibus-exclusive because reasons. Thanks, BL.

I buy all BL stuff from blacklibrary.com in digital format. That's due to the delivery and easier access. I can read them as ebooks on my Ipad on a road to work; and do not need to wait 2 weeks while it would be released in hardback and delivered outside UK.

If there is some 'epic' book incoming - I would definitely buy a hardback to feel the epicness :)

Archived