Legio XVIII Election

simison

Legio XVIII Election  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As it was mentioned the last time we did this, no work done here is truly wasted. One day, we will reach past the Insurrection and our legions will be divided into Cohorts, much as the Chapters came from the Legions in canon. Feel free to save these concepts for that day as well. 

To be honest, I did struggle with the decision. There are some really strong concepts here that offered different missing pieces for our universe. 

Well, we still got about 12 hours to go. ^^

I agree with Simison. There are lots and unique concepts out there. Though the decision hasn't been made thus far, I want to thank and congratulate every participant. You all did a great job!

From the beasty, bio engineering Devoured, the british imperial Redskirts to the anti-psyker Knights, everyones time was worth invested! :)

As Simison said, there still is the chance for everyone of you to let your concepts join as cohorts. Can already see the Devoured might becoming a cohort of the Predators or the Judicators of the Fire Keepers.

To be honest, I'm quite overwhelmed by the response concerning the Silver Scorpions. Though I'm part of Sangis triumvirate, I'd never expected that. ^^

Bit late, I fear. Well done Sangi, and everyone else, I look forward to following the progress of your Legions as well, and we welcome any input with ideas, sketches, etc and just appreciate people who like what we've done. Edited by bluntblade

Lord Thorn, feel free to write me for comission. I am now open^^

And dang. That is unbelievable. Haben't voted yet as I wait for Meros, bit it seems that the decission is clear. Of course the voters can withdraw their votes and support another;)

@kelborn: oi, who are you callin' redskirts? We're not the wardens of light you know!

@skalpynock: yeah, I've also already been wondering how to reuse the star lord concepts here ^^ I suspect a cohort of them as part of the warbringers could work rather well^^

@mikhal: cheers, I'll see about it after looking at my wallet. Seeing what you've already done with kozja and the rest I have no doubt you'd be able to do my vision justice :)

Bit late, I fear. Well done Sangi, and everyone else, I look forward to following the progress of your Legions as well, and we welcome any input with ideas, sketches, etc and just appreciate people who like what we've done.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2698152/just-as-planned-o.gif

Just as planned... I mean, oh my Emperor! We won?! Sweet! My sincerest thanks to all who voted for us, ya'll are awesome! :D

Commiserations to everyone who didn't make the cut, your concepts were all really cool and while I'm happy we won I'm also somewhat saddened by the thought that this means I might not get to see your legions fully realised as such, so it's somewhat bittersweet.

Nevertheless! I look forward to seeing your concepts refined into future Cohorts and Chapters, I can't wait to read all about them. :)

Election is over. 

I officially welcome the Silver Scorpions into the Brotherhood of the Lost.

SanguiniusReborn, kneel.

*pauses*

SanguiniusReborn of Bolter and Chainsword, as Project Leader and Master of the Brotherhood of the Lost, I now appoint you as a Legionnaire. As the Emperor gifted each Primarch with a Legion, so too do I institute you as Master of the XVIIIth Legion. You are to create its own thread and begin pursuing its development immediately. 

Now, arise, Sanguinius, Master of the XVIIIth.

Your first objective is to establish the Silver Scorpions within our universe to the point where they will not fade as the Stygian Jackels of old.

May you accomplish this goal quickly and with spirit.

Ad Astra!

Grats to the winner and kudos to those who didn't make it. You all had some creative and awesome legion projects going on and I hope I will see them in the future.

And Team Sang: The name isn't final, right?

Sangi, feel free to throw ideas at me. As ever on this job (essentially until Christmas) my writing opportunities will be limited, but I'm happy to help develop the Legion's function and character (as well as characters) in any way you see fit.

Election is over.

I officially welcome the Silver Scorpions into the Brotherhood of the Lost.

SanguiniusReborn, kneel.

*pauses*

SanguiniusReborn of Bolter and Chainsword, as Project Leader and Master of the Brotherhood of the Lost, I now appoint you as a Legionnaire. As the Emperor gifted each Primarch with a Legion, so too do I institute you as Master of the XVIIIth Legion. You are to create its own thread and begin pursuing its development immediately.

Now, arise, Sanguinius, Master of the XVIIIth.

Your first objective is to establish the Silver Scorpions within our universe to the point where they will not fade as the Stygian Jackels of old.

May you accomplish this goal quickly and with spirit.

Ad Astra!

Thank you brother.

In the Emperor's name, and in the sight of my fellow Legionnaires, I humbly accept this hallowed duty you have entrusted to me and vow to see your faith repaid.

On this matter, and by this Brotherhood, I swear.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

The first thing you should do is start a thread. Two big questions that should be answered is which side did Nomus fall on during the Vizenko Prosecution, and what was he doing during the Day of Revelation. I'm not sure, were you one of the legions who actually picked their opponent?

It could be interesting for Nomus to be on the opposing side during the Vizenko Prosecution - it could introduce an interesting dynamic where the pro-gene primarchs of the Suzerainty aren't perfectly sure they can trust the third member of their triptych (I'd suggest not talking about a Triumvirate to avoid "Imperium Secundus effect")

They would rather be on the same side. Nomus and his legion stand for advance and enhancement. They joined the Suzerainty in order to enhance their biological bodies for further cyber enhancements.

Btw Predators would be on the opposite side.

The Emperor had only created his sons to unite mankind and secure its future. Astartes are not superior, they are lesser beings for being not truly free of will. Nature did create mankind in all of its forms. Who are they to poach on its grand scheme.

Homework for today : track and purge all mentions of the Stygian Jackals in our writings.

Oh god....yeah I guess we should...

*glances at Book 1* Well, on the plus side, there aren't going to be many references.

There are some in Stories.

It could be interesting for Nomus to be on the opposing side during the Vizenko Prosecution - it could introduce an interesting dynamic where the pro-gene primarchs of the Suzerainty aren't perfectly sure they can trust the third member of their triptych (I'd suggest not talking about a Triumvirate to avoid "Imperium Secundus effect")

Pionus is also doing that to a degree.

Pardon me?

You mean who of my guys will attack your refugees?

In which year does that occur?

Depending on that, it could either be the Bloodlord or the Skullripper tribe.

Edited by Kelborn