Emperors fist formation and pask

DominikB

Since Pask is an upgrade to a tank commander rather than being his own entry, is there anything stopping me upgrading the tank commander from the Emperors fist formation to Pask? I read something about an FAQ stopping this but couldn't find it in the yet still unofficial guard one

Many thanks for any help

I was thinking this recently too, as it would allow Pask and the Armoured Fist without costing too much. There's nothing that says he can't be taken as an upgrade, but the command choice states that he may be taken, suggesting he can't in the other. It's a bit of a grey area, and there's a lot of mixed opinions elsewhere online. There isn't an FAQ that deals with this to my knowledge either.

Surely if he can't be taken, it would be stated as a restriction? He's in the damn picture that goes with the formation in the book!

According the first general FAQ (as opposed to the AM specific one) released they said no.

But then they said yes to the chapter captain / master upgrade for SMs afterwards.

So go figure?

I feel like they may have miss answered the question. In the decurion formation its clear pask can only be in the HQ selection. However I don't see why you can't upgrade him in the stand alone formation. Check with your opponent if you are using the FAQ.

According the first general FAQ (as opposed to the AM specific one) released they said no.

But then they said yes to the chapter captain / master upgrade for SMs afterwards.

So go figure?

I feel like they may have miss answered the question. In the decurion formation its clear pask can only be in the HQ selection. However I don't see why you can't upgrade him in the stand alone formation. Check with your opponent if you are using the FAQ.

I feel they misanswered a lot of questions TBH. Still actually not a bad formation and If you're already using that many russes why not add another few with pask as commander

Scrolled through the FAQs a found it. The example is Pask in this formation, and the answer was no. I play by the FAQ, so this doesn't really bother me. Plus, I've found myself running a CAD in favour of any of the formations as they're a pain to fit in standard size lists!

Just run a Combined arms detachment from Armored Battlegroup. More options for tanks and any russes you take as troops are obsec. Also, you can take Commissar tanks in the elites slot, BS4, and Beasthunter shells and coax weapons. The tanks cost a bit more base, but hey, it's still the best way to run tanks.

Just run a Combined arms detachment from Armored Battlegroup. More options for tanks and any russes you take as troops are obsec. Also, you can take Commissar tanks in the elites slot, BS4, and Beasthunter shells and coax weapons. The tanks cost a bit more base, but hey, it's still the best way to run tanks.

There's no need to 'buddy up' your tank commander either. Not that it's ever been a game changing requirement for me. Can you upgrade to Pask in the Armoured Company?

EDIT: I have IA1, answered my own question.

There's no need to 'buddy up' your tank commander either. Not that it's ever been a game changing requirement for me. Can you upgrade to Pask in the Armoured Company?

EDIT: I have IA1, answered my own question.

Where is the formation if you don't mind me asking?

Imperial Armour 1, from Forgeworld. Granted, it offers a more flexible approach to taking tanks here there and everywhere, but there's the issue of the costing of units being a little outdated. Also, the order system is different and less likely to work out.

Archived