My Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in terminator armour

tvih

Hello!

So, I wanted an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in terminator armour. Given I needed/wanted a Psycannon anyway for the build and wanted the Inquisitor to stand out from the rest of my terminators (I don't play GK), I bought a GK terminator kit. I tried to choose not-directly-GK-iconography parts:

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/malleus-inquisitor-parts.jpg

What do you think? Anything entirely inappropriate? I suppose the "titan" text in the legs is ought to be covered, gonna do that with bits or milliput. But other than that? Some may say the armor type itself is too GK, but I figure Inquisitors are above GK in "rank", so I guess if they want GK type armor, then they get it tongue.png As they had some Inquisition iconography, I thought it'd be easier to make him a fancypants Inquisitor than trying to adorn a plain terminator armor.

Of course if I use him as a non-Psyker, in that case the psychic hood would technically be incorrect...

Oh, and I suppose the Deathwatch shoulder pad on the other side isn't 100% correct, but as the difference is just a matter of the crossbones, I may let it slide.

Yeah, I'll try to fill in some of the other texts if filling the "Terra / Titan" part works out ok (I don't see why it wouldn't). I suppose I can use another head as well, though I figured it'd work as a generic psyker-type head.

Of course, painting him up will also help with him being distinguishable from GK. Not that I'm even sure how to paint an OM Inquisitor :D

Black & red would be nice in general I suppose, though since I play Templars with their black/red/white I'm not sure that'd stand out so well. Hmm, well, it's something to ponder about.

I will have to get a few pictures.  I used Inquisitor Rex as the base.  Took the gk hammer and psycannon.  Cut off at the elbow joints, as Rex's arms you attached his shield and sword by the elbows.  It turned out really good and no mistaking him for a Inquisitor.  

Going a bit off-topic in my own topic, but as I got the Deathwatch Kill Team set today, it occurred to me to make an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor using it. I suppose he'll end up looking quite a bit like the Deathwatch guys though. Using the cape rear torso for him, and I suppose I could use the head I had in the OM termie pic above if/when he is a psyker? Or maybe a DA hooded head, can be either then, and regular DW at least outside of DA members wouldn't use a hooded head, I guess. And of course an Inquisitor won't have the silver-colored left arm. Just little things to set him apart. Not sure what to do as far as his shoulder pads, though.

One reason why I had this thought is that I have a metal Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor already, so now I'd have all three Ordos represented.

Also all this inquisition stuff reminds me that it's too bad I didn't think to include the Inquisition Rhino door set in my FW order (that I also got today), would've been cooler than simply tacking on the badge bits tongue.png

EDIT: Oo, also just noticed the archaeotech pistol from the FW Templar Brethren upgrade kit - which I incidentally also got today - looks a lot like a needler pistol. I don't know if it is supposed to be one, but certainly looks close enough to use as one on the Inquisitor on occasion ;)

I think it's a similar thing to using the GK for a Malleus Inq, if you keep the colour scheme far enough away from the standard DW colours, he'll stand out as different. Inquisitors can pick their own colours so you can basically go nuts; red, gold or white would all stand out (and are fairly common choices) or you could do blue, green or even a nice marble effect if your paint skills are up to it! Or extra kudos for doing personal heraldry/chequerboard patterns RT era-style!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived