Martox' Heresy Era Night Lords

Martox

Evening folks,

I -was- on the Alpha Legion Heresy train when I first picked up my BaC box those months ago. That was quickly overthrown this October when I received Curze for my birthday, who is still sat in his box at the moment as I have the fear when it comes to building and painting him. So - to get my nerve to build and paint him, I've taken the remnants of the BaC box and my half of the BoP box and started work on a roughly 1000pts 30k Night Lords force. Wanting something to convert and to get a taste of where I might be taking the force, I started on a Delegatus. After only managing to cut my finger and stabbing my palm with a rogue bit of paper clip I was using to pin parts - the Delegatus stands at a state ready to be shown:

Front

Right

Left

Base

I do realise he's slightly askew on his base, something I can sort out thankfully as I believe it's just the pin. He still requires a few more trophies (I'm thinking a necklace of finger bones, and since I'll have spare hands kicking about I'll probably have a hand somewhere) and general tidying up/fixing (you'll note the bones that should be on the right side of his torso are missing - got the torso/heads for cheap of a mate after he took them apart). I'm looking at how I might be able to sculpt a pair of bat wings onto his helm too.

I'm starting to get ideas for a unit of Night Raptors to go with him, not sure if I want to go with the new style jump packs (ala the actual Night Raptor models) or these now potentially ret-conned jump packs. Either way, it means more cutting and reposing as I potentially want to use the rest of the BaC marines for a unit of Night Raptors.

Comments and criticisms welcomed, as always.

Cheers!

drool.gif Ooo well i love him! He has a very strong and commanding pose!

For his left hand, not sure what you have in mind for it but an idea maybe placing it his knee?

I personally have found it a little difficult to sculpt bat winds directly onto helms, gravity always gets the better of it lol. Might want to try sculpting them on a flat surface first and then attaching them after they dry?

Just in case you need it 200Plus's Tutorial on bat wings for Night Lords really helped me!

I'll be watching this Thread! thumbsup.gif

LHL

Thanks Lord Haelim - I'll check that tutorial out.

As for his left hand, I'm actually going to paint it with the blood effect paint - along with a smeared hand print across his helmet.

That will look really good !!!!!!! i can't wait to see it! :P. 

Good evening peoples,

Managed to get some work done on the Delegatus - some tidying up (mostly the knee pads) and adding in the trophies. I've also added a head to the base because hey - the blood he's going to be wiping across his face plate had to come from somewhere, right?
I'm thinking Imperial Fists or White scars for the hand/helmet, just to break up the red and blue.

C&C welcomed.

Cheers!

Archived