Baltus Sector planets and systems

Black Cohort

Still loyalist somewhere in the sector 0-10%

This gives me an idea for a star system in Baltus Sector.

Kelketh System:

-4 planets, all barren balls of rock, each possessing a number of colonial mining installations and 2nd planet (simply Kalketh Secundus), also a derelict orbital station

-population: unknown, presumed several hounded thousand outcasts and refugees 

-located in remote reaches of Baltus sector, one stable and one unstable warp route, making it hard to access.

-used to be home of numerous mining endavours

-after depletion of adamantium mining sites 90% of population abandoned the system, although there is plenty of other raw materials to mine they are not in such high demand

-before Baltus Sector demise, Kelketh System used to be a hideout place for outcasts, free thinkers and smugglers.

-system is a horror to navigate through thanks to several enormously massive asteroid belts

-Kelketh system looks literally like a massive galactic junk yard of floating rock.

-after Baltus Sector fall, 10% of its Battlefleet fled there to establish a cut out base of operations for guerrilla warfare.

-their hiding place remained undiscovered for now since it is close to impossible to navigate through the asteroid belts without proper knowledge

-acting commander of Battlefleet Baltus leftovers is Lord Admiral Quinox, commanding the last surviving Retribution Class Battleship of the fleet, that goes by the name "Defiance"

- initially Crusade forces are unaware of the guerrilla warfare existence. 

something like that

We have already established that there is only one stable warp route in/out of the sector, so most of the edges are impassable to imperial ships. Maybe the Kelketh system is part way into one of those edges and it takes several small jumps reach it. Since several of those are through dead, useless systems no one would notice ships moving in and out or bother taking that route.

We have already established that there is only one stable warp route in/out of the sector, so most of the edges are impassable to imperial ships. Maybe the Kelketh system is part way into one of those edges and it takes several small jumps reach it. Since several of those are through dead, useless systems no one would notice ships moving in and out or bother taking that route.

yes i meant routes within sector between another systems, like from system X to Kelketh is stable (but connects only those two) but from system Y to Kelketh is unstable, and might as well end up in a tragic event or send you some place else. Anyway those routes can lead only to or in to the Kelketh but from within the sector.

Other than that, what do you guys think?

I doubt any of it got away to Segmentum command, some probably went with the separatists, most was probably destroyed in the fighting.

I would say the final percentages would look something like

Destroyed 50-65%

Now separatist 30-40%

Potentially salvageable wrecks 0-20%

Still loyalist somewhere in the sector 0-10%

I believe you are forgetting a significant pirate fleet ~10% ;)

Alright guys, Baltus Sector is ready for our arrival. Lets flesh it out. 

Here is a WIP (early stage), we need to start doing some concrete work on the sub-sectors and planets. 

http://i.imgur.com/CJMSOQo.jpg

I got the templates ready for all the planets, and I can add them as we go since I got editable WIP photoshop file for easy updates. Lets just get some content going on

That map is awesome even though it is basically empty.

I would say the Ostium system would be in the bottom left corner and have a port world, Ostium Primus and agri world Ostium Secondus.  In system they are the 4th and 3rd planets from the star respectively.

That map is awesome even though it is basically empty.

I would say the Ostium system would be in the bottom left corner and have a port world, Ostium Primus and agri world Ostium Secondus.  In system they are the 4th and 3rd planets from the star respectively.

I gladly deliver.

Also I have fleshed out by my self first of the sub-sectors: the "Orinyr Frontier".

Orinyr Frontier is a most spinward part of Baltus Sector. It's capital was located on the fortress world of Bravhar V. Frontier is for the most part a hazardous place for both void and warp navigation, due to immense amount of debris and warp phenomena that occur in this region. It was considered to be a place with great potential for profit yet the hazards of the travel and roaming Dark Eldar pirates, have made its colonization a slow and exhausting process for both the Sector Government and private Rogue Traders. After the loss of contact with entire Sector, Orinyr Frontier is probably one of the most infested sub-sectors with the intruders forces since, due to its relative lack of importance, local PDF and Astra Militarum regiments where withdrawn to coreward sub-sector, thus leaving Orinyr Frontier systems unprotected but for Rogue Trader Militia and Imperial Navy patrols. 

This is WIP map version 1.1

http://i.imgur.com/FHNTi3P.jpg

Planets of Orinyr Frontier

1. Bravhar V

Fortress World and sub-sector capital, ruled by triarchy of seniors of the most powerful noble houses of the planet - House Arane, House Ephrune and House Dylora. They have brought stability and prosperity to the region (as much as it was possible in such remote and uncivilized fringe region) long before contact with it was lost with the sector. Conflicting reports has made it through to the Crusade command that house Dylora may or might not wnet rogue and proclaimed secession. Some say that agents of ruinous powers were involved. While others claimed that two other Houses were not to be trusted. The truth was to be discovered by the ongoing crusade upon arrival in the region. As to the beginning of Crusade no certain data was available.

2. Apozarus

Fully Imperial compliant world classified as Feudal, due to its level of cultural and technological development. It was famous for being the home world of 8 Astra Militarum regiments named: Apozarus Fusiliers. Photo below depicts members of Apozarus Fusiliers 7th Regiment nicknamed "Men of Iron":

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/Silece/Steampunk/1365307862140_zpsdd402002.jpg 

3. Zuruban

Zuruban was an agri world providing sub-sector wide stock of food, both from fauna and flora for all the planets of  Orinyr Frontier. It's capability of exported good was growing and just before the loosing of contact with Baltus Sector, Zuruban governor planned to establish more trade routes to other sub-sector and later on to other sectors, to further his wealth and influence.

4. Sabrolis Quintus

Sabrolis Quintus is a former civilized world of pre Imperial culture that inhabited this system. During Great Crusade it was peacefully made compliant and joined Imperium. In 572.M36 it was a place of final battle of so called "Last War" that took place within the Baltus Sector. It was supposed to be the end of dissent and secession that sparked within the nobility of this region that wanted to tear it away from Imperial rule. Sabrolis Quintus was bombarded so severely that nothing remained of its surface population and structures and in the aftermath of war it was turned into planet wide cementary for the fallen and a monumental shrine was erected in the memory of lost commanders and their soldiers of that conflict.

5. Vissael

Vissael system contains one and only shrine world of this sub-sector. It is small but growing community, thanks to pilgrims that used to arrive at Vissael to worship reliquary of St. Mombastus the "Martyr of Last War"

6. Phanenya

Phanenya system is composed of mono star and one planet about standard terran size. It is an illegal colony created by freethinkers and outcasts from imperial society, tolerated by the sector government due to the presence of much more severe threats in the area and lack of negative influence of Phanenya's inhabitants on the neighboring planets. Phanenyan's choose life of hermitage and keep away from any means of spreading their dissent. It was convenient for local planetary governors, since many troublesome citizens often chose life of exile there rather than stay on other civilized world and infest other citizens with disapproval towards Imperial methods of organizing society. it was common saying in Baltus Sector, instead of typical "go to hell" or "warp damn you", many used local version of it: "go to Phanenya!"

7. New Dawn

Remote Frontier World, further data locked under seal of Holy Inquisition.

8. Tarak

Failed Imperial colony on Tarak Tertius was according to the data from just before the time when contact was lost with Baltus Sector, was being evacuated due to its system star imminent colapse in a matter of few houndred years.

9. Morouth

Morouth system contains 5 planets of which first is a molten ball of magma, third fourth and fifth are gas giants. Second planet in the system is scarcely populated (about 100.000 human and abhuman population), and was most commonly described as "the world of steaming jungles and numerous seas, with little of interests other than sector-wide famous hunting ground for extraordinary fauna specimens, most favoured by sector's famous and wealthy "

10. Kelketh

Kelketh System:

-4 planets, all barren balls of rock, each possessing a number of colonial mining installations and 2nd planet (simply Kalketh Secundus), also a derelict orbital station

-population: unknown, presumed several hounded thousand outcasts and refugees 

-located in remote reaches of Baltus sector, one stable and one unstable warp route, making it hard to access.

-used to be home of numerous mining endavours

-after depletion of adamantium mining sites 90% of population abandoned the system, although there is plenty of other raw materials to mine they are not in such high demand

-before Baltus Sector demise, Kelketh System used to be a hideout place for outcasts, free thinkers and smugglers.

-system is a horror to navigate through thanks to several enormously massive asteroid belts

-Kelketh system looks literally like a massive galactic junk yard of floating rock.

-after Baltus Sector fall, 10% of its Battlefleet fled there to establish a cut out base of operations for guerrilla warfare.

-their hiding place remained undiscovered for now since it is close to impossible to navigate through the asteroid belts without proper knowledge

-acting commander of Battlefleet Baltus leftovers is Lord Admiral Quinox, commanding the last surviving Retribution Class Battleship of the fleet, that goes by the name "Defiance"

- initially Crusade forces are unaware of the guerrilla warfare existence. 

11. Devain's Expanse

The furthest and most remote system in Baltus Sector, it belongs to Devain Maguiron, head of House Maguiron Rogue Trader family.

Little is known about this system, other than that it was implemented unto Imperial star charts 22 years before the contact with Baltus Sector was lost.From the scraps of data recovered, it is believed that it contains 3 habitable planets within and was supposed to be mineral rich. Yet such claims remain unverified and are based on data spread by Rogue Trader, thus it might very well be just a mean to attract potential colonists to this remote corner of galaxy

My only comment would be that I'm not sure that there would be more than one Shrine World in the entire sector. I'm not sure how common they are in general. 

Cylingal is in the Fimbris sub-sector, but I don't think it's been decided which one that is yet . . .

+++ Adeptus Ministorum Master System/Planetary Index - Entry 753.41.00284 +++

+++ Sealed By Word of the Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas +++

Segmentum Ultima - Blatus Sector - Fimbris Sub-Sector - Cylicgal System - Cylingal

Class: Shrine World

Population: 3.2 billion (approx, as of 700.M41)

Notes: Extremely temperate climate, prone to areas of dense foliage including vast but well tended forests and gardens, moderate polar ice caps, several aesthetically pleasing seas and mountain ranges, over 50,000,000 cathedrals, churches, shrines and statues

753.M41 - (Extracted from external source) Even after the recent destruction of Hive Fleet Behemoth we find we know little of these hideous invaders of our Emperor's domain. In order to alleviate our ignorance, Sisters from the Orders of the Lexicon [Order Famulous, Holy Terra - Convent Prioris] and Eternal Candle [Order Hospitaller, Ophelia VII - Convent Sanctorum] have been dispatched by order of the Abbess to the Cylingal System in the Baltus Sector, giving them ample opportunity to catalogue and study the remains of the Xeno fleet.

762.M41 - Minor civil unrest during a violent political transition in the sector.

762.M41 - The Cylingal Convent's reports stop.

768.M41 - Loss of contact with the Baltus Sector confirmed by multiple arms of the Adeprtus Ministorum, Adeptus Terra, and Adeptus Mechanicus

772.M41 - Cylingal Convent officially declared lost, all other records purged by word of the Abbess.

941.M41 - Prioress Helena of the Convent Sanctorum orders the recovery of the Cylingal Convent and the planet itself in conjunction with the Baltus Sector Crusade. The recovery is led by Canoness Commander Luxia Telnayan of the Order of the Valorous Heart and 150 Sisters of her Order.

I saw the map.

First, Sir Thurservor, it's amazing.

Second : I think we need some really really  important world somewhere in the middle sub-sector of Baltus. and it should be in the remote part, like the very top of the sub sector.

My reasonning is that, if there's no world important enough, the imperial navy will probably Exterminatus the hell out of the rebell, or, if the Sup. commander is lazy, maybe not even bothering to go further than the first sub-sector. To gain time (the greater glory of the Imperium has its limits).

Third : mark the main usable Warp route between sub-sector with a red/purple/whatever arrow. And so that everyone is clear, mark the main entrance to the sector.

I'll try thinking of a few planet to flesh the whole thing out.

Emperor bless your men.

My only comment would be that I'm not sure that there would be more than one Shrine World in the entire sector. I'm not sure how common they are in general. 

Cylingal is in the Fimbris sub-sector, but I don't think it's been decided which one that is yet . . .

cool stuff

I thing that Crusade should be able to reach Cylicgal System asap, and since it should still posses at least some of the sisterhood's monastery's infrastructure, that would make for perfect Crusade field command center before the true war commenced in more coreward subsectors. 

Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/wLL3BhA.jpg

I saw the map.

First, Sir Thurservor, it's amazing.

Second : I think we need some really really  important world somewhere in the middle sub-sector of Baltus. and it should be in the remote part, like the very top of the sub sector.

My reasonning is that, if there's no world important enough, the imperial navy will probably Exterminatus the hell out of the rebell, or, if the Sup. commander is lazy, maybe not even bothering to go further than the first sub-sector. To gain time (the greater glory of the Imperium has its limits).

Third : mark the main usable Warp route between sub-sector with a red/purple/whatever arrow. And so that everyone is clear, mark the main entrance to the sector.

I'll try thinking of a few planet to flesh the whole thing out.

Emperor bless your men.

I marked it temporarily with red arrow (WIP file version 1.2 above) , also i suggest as stated on the image that the entry point to the cut out sector be in top right corner through fortress world of Gortoria. I would like to begin the discussion about the status of that world and what do the crusade arrive to. Maybe we should have a command of the crusade meeting in say, Discord or Teamspeak? Vorpal Swords stand ready! We need more discussion! Also flood me with your ideas for planets, i guess its first come first serve, so lets get it going guys.

I mostly intended Cylingal to be a side thing for the Sisters to be interested in, rather than a part of the main crusade. If the Crusade command wants to set up shop on Cylingal, I'm sure the Sisters will be happy to get help securing the Plannet, but the Convent is a Sororitas installation, and especially given the sensitive nature of its purpose, is going to be off limits to people who aren't Sororitas (well I imagine some might be let in to visit or use some piece of equipment occasionally, but certainly not set up a command center). Of course, they could kill all the Sisters (but I'd be a bit put out :P)

the HQ can be an orbital above planet surface and not necessarily in sisterhood's private quarters. Regarding your precious monastery that non other than sisterhood can enter, its more about ammunition and fuel stockpiles that could be potentially stored there, so as long as you share them and send to orbit Vorpal Swords would be ok with not entering your crib. But I am certain that not meeting the demand of supplying the crusade would be met with lethal force. No middle ground. Astartes are not used to asking kindly.

Just for the record to give you impression of Vorpal Swords fluff I brew. They were send to Abyssal Crusade into the eye of Terror and they do not trust Ecclesiarchy ever since. That extends to any and all god-worshiping individuals and organizations based on cult. Vorpal Swords do not treat Emperor as god and despise such approach. If your sisters do then they will be frowned upon by Hellebron and his companions. 

Also in 369.M39 in Agramento Sector, Vorpal Swords are known to purge entire planet classified as Shrine World, for alleged sowing of dissent and seeds of rebellion in the sector. It was the Ecclesiarchy seat in the sector and now is a Dead World. It is by no means threat it is just how Vorpal Swords approach their idea of war. There is noone that can be judged loyal to the Throne if he opposes Vorpal Swords in their persecution of the enemies of mankind. If by chance other organization stands on their way, they either comply with the demands of full cooperation or get stomped to dust. 

In regards to the below, I have updated the map to version 1.3 including all the previously mentioned planets in this thread. We still need more.

And sorry for double post.

http://i.imgur.com/8VsTw4w.jpg

and here is the movements of the forces so far known to operate in the Fimbris sub sector:

http://i.imgur.com/aX4Th6R.jpg

Sorry for doublepost.

Strathus Secundus - Remiaka - Tchulaka - Equilibrius - Kulveris II -

Had some more, but I've forgotten them. ^^"

System: Ultio

The three remaining planets, Morthwyl, Tenshi, and Idajoleti, 

I have some ruff ideas as to a small supply system, i plan to expand on it a bit more tommorow but here is the start of it:

System: Baile

Planets: Baile, Baile II, Baile III

Remember that the Ostium system is the gateway to the sector. So one of us is confused as to where things should be. Since i am fairly certain that the Fimbris sub-sector is the first to be reclaimed.

Well then i'll move Ostium system to Fimbris sub-sector and replace it with Gortoria that will be moved to Vrata sub-sector. This will provide us with Ostium as staging ground for the ongoing crusade. This also make a llot of sense since Ostium contains a port world, good for repairs and resupply of the fleet, as well as an Agri world to feed the ongoing Crusade. I suggest that Ostium will be not only connected with one warp route outside of sector, but also will be connected by one warp route with only Kulveris II fortress world within sector. 

This will lead to a chain of warp travel routes:  (Outer galaxy outside of sector) ----- (Ostium) ---- (Kulveris) ----- ( Remiaka | Strathus | Equiibrus ) and then further on more and more branches leading to more distant world within sector

Hum. If the Vorpal Swords distrust the Ecclesiarchy so much, would they really ask to store supplies in an Ecclesiarchal facility that they have been asked to stay out of?

Also, I don't know how much of the Convent is still in tact. It might be untouched, but it's also possible it has been destroyed.

I apologize if I came off too harsh. Anyway, I'm sure the Convent had some sort of warehouse attached with external access. The Sisters could probably let the Crusade use that, if it's still in tact when they get to the planet. Hum. It looks like I'll need to write something about what happened on Cylingal before the Crusade starts.

No need to apologize, its just that the fluff of Vorpal Swords as I see it make them hostile towards Ecclesiarchy and its associates. 

Summarizing what we got, this are the tasks ahead:

1. Flesh out Vrata sub-sector

2. name and flesh out most coreward sub-sector

3. name and flesh out capital sub-sector

4. provide locations of known antagonists and their sphere of influence as well as direction of expansion

Our main antagonists are

human separatist forces, centred on the capital sub-sector which I suggest be sub-sector Sortus.

Orks, which invaded from one of the edges of the sector.

Chaos and xenos sympathizers which have claimed several worlds on the fringes.

Alright, I have a neat idea for Cylingal, but I think it will work better if the Sisters are kinda on their own in this case, rather than just having the Astartes sweep in and clean up everything (plus, I'm mostly interested in writing about the Sisters doing their thing). Anyway, perhaps when the Sisters arrive at Cylingal, they find that the Convent has been looted, it's inhabitants long dead, and the local population has started worshiping the Tyranid samples they found there. It would be like a genestealer cult, but with no actual genestealers. Just a bunch of human fanatics who got their hands on information and preserved specimens of the Nids and started worshiping them, eventually leading to a civil war between the cultists and the loyalists on the planet (there would have been a good number of them given it was a shrine world). Long story short, the planet is in ruins, the cult has systematically executed anyone who didn't join them, and they are based out of desecrated Convent. The Sisters have to go in and conduct essentially a large-scale purge.

Just an idea, and like I said, I'd be more interested in doing it if the rest of the crusade basically decides Cylingal isn't their problem and moves on to bigger issues.

Archived