Official FAQ release -pask+executioner return

HackedDuck

Q: Do plasma cannons and other Gets Hot Blast weapons benefit from rules that allow them to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1? For example, a Clan Raukaan character wearing the Tempered Helm nominates a unit of friendly Devastators to re-roll To Hit rolls of 1 in this Shooting phase. These Devastators are all equipped with plasma cannons. Do they get to re-roll the Gets Hot roll if it comes up as 1?

A: Yes.

A change from the draft as far as I'm aware. And should work with pasks preferred enemy as that allows re rolls of to hit and to wound of 1.

Here's the link to the actual thing if no one has seen it

I had a brief look and I couldn't see anything about the grenade ruling but I'll have a proper look later

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

Edit- found it. The grenade nerf is still in affect

Q: Using grenades in the Assault phase. Can every model replace their close combat attacks with a single grenade attack or just one model in the unit? Like in the Shooting phase e.g. a unit of 5 Tau Pathfinders charge a Knight. Do 5 Pathfinders make close combat haywire grenade attacks?

A: Only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the Assault phase. Per Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, ‘Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase’.

Looks like demolitions is still useless then. Might as well just buy a melta bomb for the sarge

That's nice to see, this definitely makes the Executioner AP2 death machine build a lot more friendly to field biggrin.png

I'm ok with demolitions becoming expensive relative to gain - for in return our tanks don't crumple like paper in assault (also walkers get a much needed boost). Plus as GW reiterated this is how the rule was anyway, everyone just missed it tongue.png

Yay!

Although ruling about pask not being able to upgrade in the emperors fist formation still stands. :( and by the wording I think possibly steel host too.

Im happy with the grenade clarification too.

For my friendly games I'll probably just see if my opponents are ok with pask being upgraded in the formation. Most have been so far.

Yeah I agree with the grenade ruling it just sucks you have to buy grenades on a squad by squad basis. If they were gonna do this they should be cheaper imo.

It has tempted me to take a second look at them sentinels though ;)

Did they ever clarify the Emperor's Shield (I think it was) formation issue where the book said "5 infantry squads" but the box set that was supposed to represent it came with Heavy weapons squads and a command squad as part of that 5?

Great news here. I also see page 5, ordnance section, paragraph 2, that hellstrike missiles are fired simultaneously in the 'weapon selection phase' and therefore may be fired at full ballistic skill (though other weapons would still snapshot). I'm not sure people planned a list on valks but to those that do this is great. 

Also; remember you can purchase ammo stores/crates/cache for your Aegis Defence Line.. this also gives you re roll of Gets Hot. Parking a decked out Executioner behind one with camo netting would give you a nasty five blast punch with re rolls of Gets Hot and a 3+ cover save

That was hasty, but if you get a new tank out of it... tongue.png

I will review the FAQ when I get some decent spare time, post up any pieces that may be pertinent to the Guard so we may see how they benefit us (or not) smile.png

Yeah, I wouldn't do reactionary hackjobs based on draft FAQs. tongue.png

At the local GW, we put the FAQ straight into action. It balanced out a lot of quirks in the game as we tested it out. I must admit, I have found the Exterminator to help out against flyers as I have no other anti-air, yet.

I wonder what caused a 180 on the ruling in the draft FAQ...

Archived