Grgobart's Inquition Stuff

Grgobart

I'm primarily an Sisters of Battle player, but since I started 40K during the Witch Hunter era, I did buy some Inquistion models along with my initial Sisters and later somewhat extended on that, when I began to suffer a bit from the lack of army building variety of the Sisters.

Now years later, I picked up the hobby again (at least the converting and painting part for now) and with not much left to paint on the Sisters of Battle front, I painted this lovely Inquisitor model:
gallery_73923_8770_664576.jpg
The Death Cult Assassins (Crusader Battle Nuns from Reaper Miniatures) and Crusaders (converted Sisters of Sigmar from Mortheim) alongside her, I chose/made for my Sisters of Battle and thus intended them to look more Ecclesiarchal than the GW models (and the lack of poses, due to there being only two models each). Not keen on fielding Death Cult Assassins and Crusaders of different design, these will be my choice for my Inquisitorial Death Cult Assassins and Crusaders as well.

Next are a few works in progress (or more accruately works ONCE in progressunsure.png ).
My House Escher Gang from Necromunda:
gallery_73923_8770_559798.jpg
These girls have been alot throughout the years: Fratris Milita, Inquisitional Stormtroopers, allied Guard and now they're Inquisitional Acolytes. Always wanted them all converted to carry lasguns, but with the arrival of the first Henchmen Warband rules, which woudn't allow those, I got second thoughts. Even tried coming up with a vertical Storm Bolter design (most right standing one).

Right now, I think I'll go with lasguns again, since I most like them aesthetically (and secretly I hope, I'll someday be able to field these girls as Fratris Militia againsmile.png ).

Now a bunch of models I once spotted and immediately thought: "These beg to be converted into Sevitors!!!" and so I did ...start at least:

[MOD EDIT: NSFW CONTENT - NUDE FEMALE MINIS - VIEW AT OWN RISK]

gallery_73923_8770_360765.jpg

A bit too dynamically posed for Servitors maybe, but I like 'em (Urban War, Metropolis, Syntha Artemis Biomechs).
As my Inquisition army was always going to be fielded alongside my Sisters and them not being too keen on fighting alongside some orange Xeno Apes (a sentiment I sharemsn-wink.gif ), my plan had always been, to instead field Servitors with specially designed weapons to represent the Jokaero shooting choices (WIP on the two on the right). As for the Jokaero's weapon modification rules, I'd reason the same gifted individual, who built these special Servitors, is responsible for those too.
What's your excuse for not having to bring along a bunch of orange ape models, but still benefiting from the Jokaeros' rules?tongue.png

Hope I'll be able to make progress on these little projects and present the fruits of my work here, but I'm also working on some Sisters' stuff (My thread there).

Thoughts, comments, critisim?

Grgobart - Thanks for sharing, I love that old school Ordo Hereticus inquisitor. Great paintjob too. Good conversions on the warband also.

As for the servitors, you'll notice I hid them behind spoiler tags. I know you meant no harm, but in my view those miniatures are a bit too provocative for the mixed audience that frequents the Bolter and Chainsword. It's potentially NSFW and some people like myself are simply "prudes". No offence taken, I just wanted to let you know why I did it and ask you to look out for such stuff in the future on the Inquisition forum. Thanks.

Aside from my personal distaste for models that objectify women, I do think that the models are rather too dynamic for servitors, but if it works for you then go for it.

I personally have never used Jokaero so I haven't given much thought to what I'd do to get around the concept of filthy xenos in my army.

What's your excuse for not having to bring along a bunch of orange ape models, but still benefiting from the Jokaeros' rules?

I was at my local gaming shop today (picking up a box of Blood Bowl) and I saw this mini and thought that he'd make a perfect Squat "Jokaero" with only minimal conversion to 40k-ify him a bit:

99070205004_GrimmBurlokssonNEW01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another stand in for Jokaero, the Dwarf Fyrebreathers bodies (or whatever their called) mixed with bits for the Skittira <sp> or heavy armored Skaven for the body (the name excapes me at the moment) mixed with those same Admech bits. Bonus is the Dwarf heads don't look to bad on Cadian bodies.

I've also founded that the second Escher on the right (autogun, painted skin, mohawk) works nicely as a base for a flamer troop, or a melta. A bit of filing on the models weapon and with a little cutting on a plastic special weapon, add glue and bang! Burny Goodness! =)http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x24/fatherchaingun/SPECIAL01.jpg?1482198437023&1482198451718&1482198461256

Archived