Castellum Stronghold tactics

LukeTheButcher

Right, 

So I bought one of these an age back as I thought it would make a nice center-piece when playing against my son & friends. But, I am now wondering if this has any sort of value in competitive and/or tournament play.

So, my questions are mainly; 

1) Has anyone ever seen one used?

2) If so, how did it perform?

3) How do you get the best use out of this massive thing...

I have an infantry/landraider heavy Spacewolf force and i was wondering if it can be of any value in attempting to use it?

Any thoughts welcome and appreciated...

• 3 weeks later...

I can imagine it being an interesting piece to build an army around at 1500pts. Imagine playing on a 4x4 with 1k, where you entire deployment zone could be in it? That is an interesting point thinking about it... in most games you'll not be able to deploy deep enough onto the board to fill your own bunker. How's that even work?

I think it'd be worth considering placing two Battlecannons on the Tacticus Bunker and depending on your opponent, a Signal Jammer too. Bosh a couple of useful guns on the Bunker Annexes, to be determined by opponent (ie Icarus Lascannons, Quad Guns, Twin Lascannons, etc) and you'll be forking out just over 400pts for this thing. A lot harder to put down than a pair of well armed Predators, though.

Probably worth putting a couple of well armed, slow units on the walls, and I think you need something in the bunkers to fire the guns? Correct me on that if I'm mistaken? If so, scrap the guns on the Annexes. Lastly, you'll definitely need a couple of mobile units to 'sally forth' or Outflank if you can, to go capture objectives.

Archived