Emperor's Children 3rd Company Elite 1500

Pylaeides

Hy guys, I'd appreciate it if you would review this list for me. It's based off the RoW 3rd Company Elite

HQ 

Delegatus: boarding shield, phoenix spear, artificer armor - 105

MoS - 95

Elites

Cortus-Contemptor: chainfist, x2 graviton, extra armor - 180

Troops

Kakophoni - meltabombs, x9 - 230

Fast Attack

Dreadclaw - 115

Heavy Support

Legion Medusa: x2, TL bolter - 320

So the basis is the kakophoni and medusa's advance up the board into their range (36") and sit their, the dreadnought drops in turn 1 and stays in the dreadclaw for protection. I could probably deal with light vehicles with the Kakophoni (str 6) so I'm gonna target heavier armoured vehicles with him. It will also take the pressure off my army as they have to turn around and deal with it. 

Points on the Delegatus are of by 10.

Why not give him the Boarding Shield and a better weapon ?

The Master of Signal can't select a Boarding Shield anyway.

No transports for your Kakophoni ?

Your Medusae would synergize well with a Siege Beaker. Maybe swap the MoS for one ?

Agree on the Delegatus and MoS points.

However, with the 3rd Company Elite RoW, Kakophoni are Relentless with 36" Guns. No real need for a transport outside of having a metal box to take shots for them. At 1.5k, not really all that many points to spare.

Siegebreaker wouldn't actually help the Medusae any. All he would do is unlock Phosphex Shells which replace the S10 Ap2 Medusa Shells with S5 Ap2 Poisoned 3+; not worth it.

If he had Quad Mortars for Phosphex Mortars, then sure.

Points on the Delegatus are of by 10.

Why not give him the Boarding Shield and a better weapon ?

The Master of Signal can't select a Boarding Shield anyway.

No transports for your Kakophoni ?

Your Medusae would synergize well with a Siege Beaker. Maybe swap the MoS for one ?

I did not know you can't take a boarding shield on MoS, I'll fix that. I wanted to take one for the defensive grenades since he's going to be in a blob of troops. Like Slipstreams said they have relentless and I dont have that many points for rhinos. The MoS allows the medusa to sit behind cover and shoot directly (indirectly). How about put the BS on the delegatus and off the MoS. I don't know what kind of weapon to take on him though, I don't plan on being in assault 

Troops

So you run them as 8+1 with the Orchestrator being naked, but the meltabombs? No Artificer, no cc weapon?

Unsure if I had ever seen such a purely shooty EC list - I am working on a EC 3rd Company Elite as well, so I just wonder if there is no real cc except for the Contemptor and HQ?

Troops

So you run them as 8+1 with the Orchestrator being naked, but the meltabombs? No Artificer, no cc weapon?

Unsure if I had ever seen such a purely shooty EC list - I am working on a EC 3rd Company Elite as well, so I just wonder if there is no real cc except for the Contemptor and HQ?

Well having 1 cc model in a whole units pretty pointless to me, I didn't want to gear the delegatus for CC but there's not really much other option there, in fact I gave him the boarding shield because it gave the squad defensive grenades. In my local meta, assault armies aren't the bestest 

Troops

Well having 1 cc model in a whole units pretty pointless to me, I didn't want to gear the delegatus for CC but there's not really much other option there, in fact I gave him the boarding shield because it gave the squad defensive grenades. In my local meta, assault armies aren't the bestest 

It is pointless as long as you play the game your way and stay in a save distance. Or if you play against mostly shooty opponents. If you ever get in close combat and once you are up in a fight with someone who plays some choppy units, you have to challenge as EC.

I understand, when you do not care , because you rather have the body count over three squads that can give each other some cover, but i thought i point this out.

Archived