Will Imperial Agents units be removed from the IG codex?

JeffJedi

A large number of the Imperial Agents units are from the Astra Militarium line originally but they make more sense as allies since the are not actually Imperial Guard.

The three types of Psykers, Master of the Fleet and Tech-Priests to name a few. Is it possible that they may be removed from the codex and could the space be used for new unit types?

No, I don't think so. The codex is basically a throwback to the old Witch Hunters days - the other bits are just there as some padding and filler. The fleet assets and Techpriests won't be going anywhere and thanks to GW's meddling I don't think the PBS Wyrdvanes get much use anyway... :P

From what the article on BOLS tells us, the Wyrdvane Psykers can be lead by an Astropath who will be the cheapest ML2 Psyker in the game. That's actually very good news for any imperial army that has no or little defence against psychic heavy armies. The Codex: Imperial Agents will make it easy for the Ad Mech to ally in a Culexus Assassin and a few Psykers/Astropaths - and suddenly we don't have to roll over once the Psychic Phase comes around. That's good news in my book! 

From what the article on BOLS tells us, the Wyrdvane Psykers can be lead by an Astropath who will be the cheapest ML2 Psyker in the game.

The Astro path is ML2 in imperial agents?? In the AM codex they are ML1 I believe.

The Astro path is ML2 in imperial agents?? In the AM codex they are ML1 I believe.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/goatboys-40k-10-imperial-agents-highlights.html

In the article it says " The Astropath is the cheapest Level 2 psyker in the game right now so that is pretty neat with this detachment."

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/goatboys-40k-10-imperial-agents-highlights.html

In the article it says " The Astropath is the cheapest Level 2 psyker in the game right now so that is pretty neat with this detachment."

Are there no other ML2 Psykers in the game that are 50pts or under? An Astropath is always a good way of getting Psychic Shriek into a list.

The Inquisitorial Psykers from the digital codex are also normal Psykers. In a previous version they too were just cheap ways to get Psychic Shriek into the list. I could imagine we will see the same with the Astropath. That he becomes a regular ML2 Psyker.

Im actually more disappointed that it appears to be stealing what little flavour guard had.

I hope we see these guys again in our next iteration. Hopefully with slightly more beefed rules or at least LD8.

More concerned about the lack of Vendetta in the book. It would have been a good opportunity for GW to give us an upgrade sprue like the storm talon / interceptor.

Imperial agents is made for giving Imerials (all not only IG) some small but effective (?) allies. Not all entries from original dexes are available and this dex does not overvrite the others. Ie: GK from IA cannot have Draigo, only small and secondary forces.

Archived