Weregeld what happened to Russ? *spoilers*

Lemanbus

I actually really liked Gunnar's death, I don't get peoples problem with it. I don't know if it's just me, but I really like the whole "the wolves kept going on about being prepared to do anything but their methods clearly aren't working so they need to change."

I just want it known, for the record, that I've removed lots of references to "wet growling" from manuscripts since starting at BL, purely because it makes me cringe every time I see it.

I've also toned down use of the word "patrician" to describe EVERY SINGLE SPACE MARINE EVER, and slashed the use of adjectives and semi-colons.

Rumours that this is why BL published so many shorter novels in 2014-15 are entirely unfounded.

Amazing. I know most people felt that the wet leopard growling was...a bit much. Regarding the use of patrician: thank goodness! I hope to start seeing more Space Marines who look like seedy hotel managers :) that also goes for the word noble..

Wet leopard growl is pure cringe tho.

But all and all, Russ tries to ambush Horus and fails. Gets a beating, maybe Horus let him escape to prove a point or carry a "message"?

Or maybe, just maybe, Russ is competent enough to escape on his own?

I actually really liked Gunnar's death, I don't get peoples problem with it. I don't know if it's just me, but I really like the whole "the wolves kept going on about being prepared to do anything but their methods clearly aren't working so they need to change."

The whole change thing is neat, but was a bit overdone to the point of making the Wolves look incompetent. It annoys me that the Wolves don't ever run with plan b's.

Hate how the wolfs were represented In Prospero Burns. We get it. They have candidates that use the k9 helix. They re space marines already though. they don't need to be lycans at the same time. Plus the over use of bestial character traits just makes them seem childish.

I did however enjoy the chance to peer into Russ's Mind. He never hated Magnus, Just wanted him to see sense.  

I heard that Steven Spielberg hated the US paratroopers in WW2 - that's why hardly any of them survived in 'Saving Private Ryan'.

Also, Gareth Edwards hated the Rebel Alliance in 'Rogue One', and the History Channel hates all Vikings...

I just want it known, for the record, that I've removed lots of references to "wet growling" from manuscripts since starting at BL, purely because it makes me cringe every time I see it.

I've also toned down use of the word "patrician" to describe EVERY SINGLE SPACE MARINE EVER, and slashed the use of adjectives and semi-colons.

Rumours that this is why BL published so many shorter novels in 2014-15 are entirely unfounded.

Hahahaha - now we know the truth biggrin.png

Will the next appearance of the Wolves have them conversing in yelps and barks?

It already has in the 'Thirteenth Wolf' audio, lol

Wet leopard growl is pure cringe tho.

But all and all, Russ tries to ambush Horus and fails. Gets a beating, maybe Horus let him escape to prove a point or carry a "message"?

Or maybe, just maybe, Russ is competent enough to escape on his own?

The whole change thing is neat, but was a bit overdone to the point of making the Wolves look incompetent. It annoys me that the Wolves don't ever run with plan b's.

Ok Runefyre - you do net approve other people bickering but can't see your own? Russ is competent enough to escape on his own?

'nobody has ever said anything about Russ competence'

- He is a Primarch, he knows his 'stuff'. Yes his behavior sucks, as his overconfidence. But that's still does not says he is not competent enough.

'The whole change thing is neat, but was a bit overdone to the point of making the Wolves look incompetent.' - really? Being ambushed by a proffesional and competent legion in space combat makes wolves incompetent now? Even through all the authors mentioned that SW use ships only as 'ships' to deliver them to the surface. And that wolves are not the masters of void warfare?

Wraight muat dislike the White Scars as well...Path of Heaven has them limp back to Terra with what looks like less than half their fleet

LoL. That a good one biggrin.png

Exactly my point. The fact that a military organisation (space wolves) blatantly ignores one of the most crucial elements of combat in the Warhammer universe (void combat) is atrocious.

They don't have to be the best, but it's just plain stupid to knowingly ignore such an important asset.

Regarding Russ, I was making an honest guess. I apologize if it was too negative in it's tones.

Archived