The Return of Celestine

BitsHammer

Well, whether or not the "corsets" are fabric/leather rather than armor or not, it's easy enough to keep painting them with the existing color schemes if one so chooses - although I suppose the gemini are indeed a new unit because of the weapons. Also the paint scheme they have in those pics is my least favorite thing about them tongue.png

Well, whether or not the "corsets" are fabric/leather rather than armor or not, it's easy enough to keep painting them with the existing color schemes if one so chooses - although I suppose the gemini are indeed a new unit because of the weapons. Also the paint scheme they have in those pics is my least favorite thing about them tongue.png

Oh, you certainly could - it was just something that stood out as it is not something GW painters have done before, and the additional detailing of the modern plastic versus the old metal increases the texture disparity with the rest of the armour.

Armour can be painted in different colours. Cloth can be stretched over armour.

I would be very surprised if the don't have plasteel covering themy neck to toe.

Cloth can stretch over armour, but with the way power armour is designed I can't see there being the flexibility at the waist to cause the cloth to wrinkle. Mind you, not that corsets give much movement in your torso anyway (from first-hand experience)! It was merely something that stood out, especially as it is related to something I always found odd about the artwork. I absolutely adore the iconic Karl Kopinski Sister of Battle piece, but her torso looks relatively un-armoured (and interestingly, she has gauntlets instead of gloves).

Welp I'll be buying. 
No longer upset i missed the old model. 

This will look great as a centrepiece model for the army so I don't have to bother with the problematic penitent engine

Very much looking forward to Celestine and those, twins (does this even need to be said in this thread). She does indeed look like she's got the AoS treatment, which was expected. I like the older model more, as a stand alone model. This set will of course be had and painted in no time. As for a campaign book, sounds fun and if it gives us plastic, so much the better. I have hope for that, even if I wouldn't get much since I have so much metal already. Still happy for us as a whole. Gonna be a great year looks like!

It does need to be said. But also acted upon. GW will need to see that the desire for plastic sisters hasn't just been empty words.

My Sister's fund just got wiped out thanks to my TV dying but once Xmas is over I will be liquidating more gaming assets in order to pick her up.

Oh, you certainly could - it was just something that stood out as it is not something GW painters have done before, and the additional detailing of the modern plastic versus the old metal increases the texture disparity with the rest of the armour.

Armour can be painted in different colours. Cloth can be stretched over armour.

I would be very surprised if the don't have plasteel covering themy neck to toe.

Cloth can stretch over armour, but with the way power armour is designed I can't see there being the flexibility at the waist to cause the cloth to wrinkle. Mind you, not that corsets give much movement in your torso anyway (from first-hand experience)! It was merely something that stood out, especially as it is related to something I always found odd about the artwork. I absolutely adore the iconic Karl Kopinski Sister of Battle piece, but her torso looks relatively un-armoured (and interestingly, she has gauntlets instead of gloves).

By arranging the armour plating in overlaping stripes/bands or even scales, I could very much imagine there to be suitable levels of flexibility achieveable. And since the overlaying cloth (or other foldable material) "corset" is there for decorative purposes, I'd doubt it to be made with any kind of limiting effects of a classic corset.

By arranging the armour plating in overlaping stripes/bands or even scales, I could very much imagine there to be suitable levels of flexibility achieveable. And since the overlaying cloth (or other foldable material) "corset" is there for decorative purposes, I'd doubt it to be made with any kind of limiting effects of a classic corset.

That is true. I've always assumed the Sororitas wargear had solid toso plates (somewhat like Marine ones) due to the old method of painting the armour. If the "corsets" are fabric covering armour bands then there could be more flex that one would expect. The female Inquisitors released with Codex: Witch Hunters do have striped torso armour (vertically) which otherwise shares a lot of visual clues with the Sororitas wargear.

The "corsets" on the Kopinski artwork I mentioned earlier are very definitely boned (which brings rigidity and reduced mobility) though - I had forgotten just how detailed that piece is until studying it again thanks to this conversation. I hope the eventual models take a few more cues from this artwork (like the detailing on the knees), but any sharpening up of details that modern casting practices bring is going to be very welcome.

Anyway, I've realised I've let this drag somewhat off-topic, but I am so excited about the future of the Sisters now that we've seen Celestine and her two companions.

That is true. I've always assumed the Sororitas wargear had solid toso plates (somewhat like Marine ones) due to the old method of painting the armour. If the "corsets" are fabric covering armour bands then there could be more flex that one would expect.

There are a couple of sororitas without the fabric. The mistress model and the sororitas on the cover of the WH codex.

If it's anything like medieval armor the curiass will extend from the neck to the waist with a fauld (abdomen protector) beneath and the hinged connection hidden beneath the fabric.

The studs on the fabric itself resemble brigandine, plates bolted to the inside of fabric. An ablative layer, or perhaps just decorative (similar to how the sleeves are just used to hide visible power cables - if the celestine model is anything to go by)

Nah it's not going to happen, although it would be cool.

I've got no idea of the accuracy of any of this but from what I hear the next couple of months of GW's release schedule looks something like this: 

Fall of Cadia releases.
Tzeent AoS stuff.

bolter-sisters (hopefully a multi use plastic kit for bolters/special/heavy weapons)

steam dwarves AoS stuff.

So maybe march/april for plastic sisters, but it looks like we are to get our releases in drips and drabs 

Although I hear that 8th is to be around that time too. I can't say anything for the actual rule set, aparantly it brings a new game type. There'll be the current Unbound and the current battle-forged, but also a new tournament style format that's easier to pick up and play (it sounds contradictory to me). Something that does away with formations and the general bloat of stacking special rules upon special rules but should make it easier to balance. 

As i said before though, i've got no idea of the accuracy of any of this.

Getting rid of the "rule bureaucracy" worsened by the formations would be handy indeed. Though it might seem odd that they're currently pushing formations with just about everything, only suddenly to effectively drop them? But, time will tell.

Wow, those female models actually look... nice Oo I was sort of prepared to go on another rant, but there is no need :)

This whole thing makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, like the kindling to a grand pyre that will clease the galaxy of taint. Feels good :)

I would love to be able to buy some plastic heavy flamers Sisters and form a bodyguard for a Canoness equipped entirely with them smile.png

Then I would have Celestine with her Seraphim (and Gemini?) as another HQ, and then just have some fun.

I am very interested in seeing what Celestine's Gemini can do. I hope they are more than Seraphim in a different sculpt.

Of course it's possible they have done something fiendish like put ten bolter sisters, five seraphim and stern in a hundred quid box opposite generic not selling well chaos kits to get collectors buying multiple boxes before they are released separately (from the proud owner of the deathwatch from death masque and a pile of unconstructed harlequins).

Archived