Codex: Imperial Agents review

Feral_80

*updated! Legion of the Damned and Inq detachment.*

Jost got this. My 2 cents...mixed feelings. I am an Imperial Guard/Astra Militarum and Skitarii+Cult Mechanicus player, so I was pretty excited. I will focus on what I am most interested about...i.e. not Marines. I like to build good armies but I am not a fanatic combo-player.

I will list each entry in its order. First the detachment/formation, then the units. When listing the compulsory (and optional) composition of each detachment/formation, keep in mind that they can be selected exclusively from those belonging to their entry, and pretty much all of these have a specific faction on their own.

Let me know your thoughts if you wish - perhaps I missed something here.

***Overview***

This is basically a collection of 9 micro- to mini-codexes. All offer a specific detachment, and some a formation, that allows players to include them in any Imperial-themed army.

PRO: handy 1-book collection. A few interesting entries.

CONS: some entries look lame. Will create confusion: apparently this codex does not replace older codexes/entries, i.e. we now have different versions of the same stuff around.

***Detachments***

***1. Cult Mechanicus***

Detachment: Enginseer congregation: 1 HQ (optional: 1 Elite)

Benefits: all units have the Canticles of the Omnissiah (CotO) rule (copy/paste from Cult Mechanicus codex).

Faction: Cult Mechanicus

Units:

HQ: 1 Tech-priest Enginseer

Copy/paste from the AM codex, with a couple of useless and overpriced upgrades (5++ and digital weapons).

Elite: 1 servitor

Copy/paste from the AM codex. Can add up to 4 servitors.

In short:

• since each unit has CotO, this seems a cheap way to add 1/2 units to increase the army-wide effect of each Canticle, if you are taking this detachment in a CultMech army.
  • unfortunately, if you do the above the Enginseer ability 'awaken the machine' becomes useless because it can be used only on AM vehicles. The repair ability can be used on any friendly vehicle though.
  • still, you get a relatively cheap character that can add a power axe/fist and buy melta bombs to a CMec squad.
  • if you take this in an AM army, you get 1-2 tiny tiny units that can activate the lowest-level CotO bonus. Still better than nothing, but certainly not exciting.
  • RaW, you cannot use this version of the Enginseer in other formations.
Best use: I believe this can only be somewhat useful as an addition to a CultMech army, to cheaply increase the number of units with the CotO rule (50 pts for +2, although they won't last for long).

Verdict: meh.

***2. Aeronautica Imperialis***

Detachment: Imperial navy section: 1 Fast Attack (optional: 1 HQ)

Benefits: reroll failed reserve rolls for units from this detachment

Faction: Aeronautica Imperialis

Units:

HQ: 1 Officer of the Fleet

Copy/paste from the AM codex, basically the usual guy without the CCS. Has received the usual pair of useless and overpriced wargear options.

Fast attack: 1 Valkyrie

Copy/paste from the AM codex, with updated DftS options. Can add up to 3 extra Valks.

In short:

• An easy way to include an underperforming flyier/transport to your army, and possibly the Officer little rules about reserves.
  • Except that with Ld 7 the Officer is not going to be very successful with his rules.
  • And, especially, except that being your Valkyries part of the 'Aeronautica imperialis' faction, the ONLY unit that can start the game embarked on them is the lone Officer.
  • Read again the above and see how stupid this detachment is.
  • An excellent missed chance to bring back the Vendetta, in my opinion.
Best use: Hah. None, I guess.

Verdict: dumb.

***3. Adeptus Astra Telepathica***

Detachment: Psykana division: 1 HQ (optional: 1-3 Elite)

Benefits: the Primaris psyker or Astropath harness on 3+ while within 12" of the Wyrdwanes.

Faction: Astra Telepathica

Units:

HQ: 1 Primaris psyker

Copy/paste from the AM codex, with an extra useless/overpriced wargear upgrade. He is a character, not independent.

HQ: 1 Astropath

Copy/paste from the AM codex, with a couple of extra useless/overpriced wargear upgrades, AND importantly the ability to take level 2 at the usual price. Basically the guy from the CCS without the squad (now a normal character), and with more options. Also, he gets a new little special rule: you successfully cast a power in your turn, you get a reroll on your reserves (i.e. ALL, not only this detachment) on the next turn.

Elite: 1 Unit Wyrdwane Psykers

Copy/paste from the AM codex (I think - I never use them).

In short:

• Less powerful than the formation with the same name (and why in hell did they give it the same name?!), if you look at number of warp dice/harness bonus.
  • As far as I can tell, taking this detachment multiple times with a single Astropath is the cheapest way around to add warp charges.
  • Lvl 2 Astropath for 50pts as a lone character seems like a nice new option.
  • Yet, the Astropath is still 1 W and Ld 7 only, so the first PotW will probably be his last as well.
  • Since the Astropath base points cost is unchanged and his new special rule is not too bad, he is still better than his AM equivalent, at least.
  • A missed chance to reduce the point cost of these rather weak psykers.
Best use: spamming warp charges, in combination with some other detachment/formation.

Verdict: I won't use these. But I guess this may be an *almost* OK option.

***4. Adepta Sororitas***

Detachment: Ministorum delegation: 1 HQ (optional: 1 Elite)

Benefits: all units have Shield of faith (6++ and Adamantium will)

Faction: Adepta Sororitas

Formation: Vestal Task force: the way to build a nuns army. Sorry, not interested.

Units:

Adepta Sororitas stuff: since I hate nuns, I will skip this part. Basically, a copy/paste of all the usual units from the nuns codex, without St. Celestine (gone).

I will instead focus on:

HQ: 1 Ministorum priest

Copy/paste from the AM codex, BUT as part of the detachment he now gets Adamantium will (great) and can take some more wargear, including a pretty useless weapon relic and another one that allows him to automatically pass Ld test for his war hymns (good, but not cheap).

Elite: Arco-flagellants

Copy/paste unit from the old Inquisition codex. 3-10 relatively cheap, slow, and expendable melee models.

Elite: Crusaders

Copy/paste unit from the old Inquisition codex. 2-10 relatively cheap, slow, 3++ AP 3 weak guys.

Elite: Death cult assassins

Copy/paste unit from the old Inquisition codex. 2-10 relatively cheap, slow, marine-killing gals.

In short:

• your choice if you want to field a nuns army. As said, Celestine is gone. Jacobus is still there.
  • the Ministorum delegation is pretty cool: e.g. you can now add a single priest to an AM army, and get also Adamantium will for his same old price and you can buy auto-success on all of his war hymns, which can be great.
  • An extra formation called Ecclesiarchy battle conclave lets you put 1 priest (or Jacobus) and 3-10 units in any combination from the arco-flagellants, crusaders, or dc assassins, into one single super-unit. This is the kind of unit that results in a headache for me so I will never do it, but I guess some may find it cool.
Best use: add a single improved priest to your AM army, for example, at the same old price.

Verdict: the detachment is decent. The nuns, I don't care.

***5. Deathwatch***

Detachment: Deathwatch kill team: 1 Troops

Benefits: Aquila doctrine

Faction: Deathwatch

Units:

Troops: Veterans

Copy/paste from the Deatwatch codex, I believe. A ton of pricey and sometimes powerful wargear and options. May also be embarked on a Corvus blackstar.

In short:

• A mini-version of a Deathwatch formation.
  • Sorry, not much interested.
Best use: add the smallest possible Deathwatch formation to your army, I guess?

Verdict: it's ok, I guess. Not really sure we needed it.

***6. Grey knights***

Detachment: Daemonhunter strike force: 1 Troops, 1 FA (optional: 1 HS)

Benefits: Rites of teleportation

Faction: Grey knights

Units:

Troops: Terminator squad

Copy/paste from the GK codex, I believe. May also be embarked on any of the 3 Land Raider variants.

FA: Interceptor squad

Copy/paste from the GK codex, I believe.

HS: Nemesis DK

Copy/paste from the GK codex, I believe.

In short:

• A mini-version of a Grey Knight formation.
Best use: add the smallest possible Grey Knight formation to your army, I guess?

Verdict: it's ok, I guess. Not really sure we needed it.

***7. Legion of the Damned***

Detachment: Spectral host: 1 Elites (optional: 1-3 Elites)

Benefits: beings in reserve, you can automatically choose to pass or fail and roll to bring them in via deep strike.

Faction: Legion of the Damned.

Units:

Elite: 1 Damned legionnaires

Copy/paste from the old LotD unit, I believe. But with some bonus.

In short:

• A LotD formation, I guess they have always been similar.
  • No reserve roll and reroll scatters for a deep-striking unit that ignores covers with *all* of its ranged weapons.
  • Expensive, but given the above and the option to tale 2 meltas even in a 5-man squad makes them a pretty brutal kamikaze tank-busting unit.
Best use: I'd say a 5-men squad with 2 meltas and possibly a plasma pistol or powerfist.

Verdict: Not really sure we needed it. Yet, potentially quite brutal and, always, expensive.

***8. Officio assassinorum***

Detachment: Assassinorum operative: 1 Elite

Benefits: operation assassinate

Faction: Officio assassinorum

Units:

Elite: 1 Assassin

Copy/paste from the WD usual 4 assassins, possibly with very minor rewording. Also included is the formation with all 4 assassins.

In short:

• Same stuff seen on WD, I guess.
Best use: same as before.

Verdict: ok. Certainly they are (were) not almighty, but can be nice.

***9. Inquisition***

Detachment: Inquisitorial representative: 1 HQ (optional: 1-3 Elites)

Benefits: 1 inquisitor (can be unique) from this detachment can generate and use a warlord trait even if he is not your warlord.

Faction: Inquisition

Units:

HQ: 1 Inquisitor

Almost a copy/paste from the old Inquisition codex. You still get Coteaz (still nasty) and Karamazov (still sucks), and the 3 generic basic Inquisitors from the Malleus, Hereticus, and Xenos, basically unchanged. Some very minor wargear price adjustments - top points: now the power armour upgrade costs only 3 pts (sweet), and condemnor boltgun might actually be useful since it now requires just a scored hit against the psyker's unit, not a wound.

Elite: Acolytes

The old cheap basic retinue guys that you used to tool up in many different ways. Still there, still in a unit of 3-12 dudes.

Elite: Daemonhost

As far as I remember, he is unchanged. 1-man unit. Still cheap, still sucks.

Elite: Jokaero

As far as I remember, he is unchanged. 1-man unit. Still a weird, potentially powerful gamble.

HS: Chimera

Transport option for the various units.

Formation: Inquisitorial henchmen warband

The way to build up the old uber-mixed unit. You take 1 (any) Inquisitor, 1 Acolyte unit, and stuff from other entries: 0-1 Ministorum priests, 0-1 crusaders, 0-6 daemonhosts, 0-1 arco-flagellants, 0-1 dc assassins, 0-1 tech priest, 0-6 Jokaero, 0-1 astropath. Plus, depending on the ordo of the inquisitor, either 1 unit of GK terminators, AS battle sisters, or Deatwatch vets. Surely there is some crazy combo potential here, but I don't even want to think about it. They even have the option to take a discounted Chimera that can become pretty uber with the right upgrades, given its cost.

In short:

• Not many changes from the 6th ed. Inquisition codex.
  • Except for some minor points and wargear adjustments.
  • AND the complete loss of servo-skulls (gone altogether). Some people will cry. I'm ok with it, I was never so much of a fan.
  • Also note: the 3 (unchanged) relics are still there, but now each is specific to 1 and only 1 ordo.
  • Generic Inquisitors are still very cost-effective, even as lvl 1 Psykers.
  • Actually, they are now even more powerful: for each detachment you get, you roll for 1 extra free warlord trait (either from the basic tables or from the unchanged 3 inquisitorial tables)! This is sweet indeed.
  • I guess the above is enough to take a couple basic Inquisitors in most armies. Morale-boosting and warlord bonanza for a mere 25 pts is enough already - just be careful to resist the temptation to tool them up, their cost can go up quickly.
  • This was the single most-desirable entry of the book, for me. While I do like most of the above, I am a bit disappointed that most of the stuff seems basically unchanged, and there is almost nothing new.
Best use: Lone basic Inquisitors are great and cheap unit-buffers. Still arguably a great choice for their cost. The warlord trait-thingy can be spammed...

Verdict: nice, but some new stuff would have been more appreciated.

***Overall impressions***

Hmm. A bit of a missed opportunity. Yes, it is handy to have most of these guys together in 1 book. however, most entries are mediocre. Some are ridiculous. Some are nice. None is overpowered for sure, which I personally like - but what I DON'T like is that other armies do get op stuff: this book won't help much in balancing the game.

I would have preferred to see new stuff rather than a copy/paste of old rules. Some are even badly copy/pasted, and you get some very stupid results: e.g. for some reason the AdMech Enginseers can awake the machine spirit of AM vehicles, but not those of *their own* AdMech vehicles. Or, the Areonautica imperialis provides flying transports that suck as air cover and that can only transport their own officer in the beginning.

And above all, the game is now even more confused: how many different versions of the same Priests, Enginseers, marine variants, etc. do we have now? Even more. It would have been much better to replace older versions and say that these update all previous formations entries. Integrate stuff vs juxtaposing is the issue. And this has not been done.

Overall, I am afraid that half of this book is useless, and the rest ranges from disappointing to barely ok. It is good to have a very very thin patina of updated rules for the Inquisitors, at least.

I would rate this book 6 out of 10.

I think that overall I agree with your assessment that most of the book (I'm not sure that this can really be called a codex. Compendium?) is fairly disappointing, especially since it's basically a bad cut&paste job.

Obviously the first thing that should be said is that because of the way that the factions in the book are presented, a lot of the transport options in the book are wasted (Especially the Valkyrie, which is there purely for the master of the fleet to ride around in).

Having the Enginseer only be able to use Awaken the Machine on AM vehicles is fairly dumb, especially given that AM don't make a showing in this book. Allowing this to be used on any vehicles would have made it significantly better. Servitors seem to have gained a slight buff with this, in that their mindlock can be prevented by any IC (compared to Codex: Inquisition where they needed an inquisitor), however the fact that they can't be used in a henchman warband anymore (and also can't go in transports) makes them a bit useless.

LotD lose a lot of weapon options, as well as their only relic (the Animus Malorum), which means that this is a completely pointless detachment. Take them from their solo codex if you want to bring them in, although they have a relatively high cost for what they bring to the table. That said, even though the codex does offer more options, it is worth noting that GW doesn't actually sell all of the combinations that can be taken.

Inquisition lose fully customisable warbands, as well as Psykers, DCAs, Arco-Flagellants, Crusaders, and Servitors which have all been moved to their own entries elsewhere in the book (more or less). Jokaero and Daemonhosts have been moved to their own entries, where they can only be taken as individuals, making them useless unless taken as part of the large formation. Inquisition also lose Razorbacks as a dedicated transport choice, which is a shame. Positives include decreased costs for armour upgrades, a slight decrease in the cost of Storm Shields (although not by enough to make them have any purpose). Also, Coteaz regains Lord of Formosa, making any acolyte warbands in his detachment objective secured.

Sigh. Other good missed opportunities: to allow Inquisitors to buy a decent invulnerable save (e.g. storm shield, so that we could finally use that damn awesome Hector Rex model), and to make Orbital relay strike an upgrade that can be bought for a fair price (as it stands now, it seems to me that it is still Karamazov-only, i.e. useless). 

Did you end up including anything good from this book in your usual army lists?

I was considering to add a couple Inquisitors and possibly a priest to my usual IG lists. Not much considering what the whole book was supposed to offer.

Sigh. Other good missed opportunities: to allow Inquisitors to buy a decent invulnerable save (e.g. storm shield, so that we could finally use that damn awesome Hector Rex model)

Or you could use the rules for hector rex (found in vraks) :lol:

Personally I quite like this book from a fluff perspective, as that is how I would play it. Being able to bring a malleus inquisitor with a single unit of grey knights really appeals to me and the sort of games I like to play. As for the bad writing when it comes to the Valkyrie issue I'm sure your opponent would be fine letting you put anything in it, I mean that's what it was meant for right?

Hmmm, I am afraid I do not agree. As much as I like easy games and a friendly attitude, I never attempt to 'bend' the rules (even the one that are badly written), and even less ask my opponent to allow me to do so, because that can raise endless points of debate. This is the game and we are playing it as it is, like it or not. 

As for Rex, sure, I can choose to field a useless and overpriced special character. But understand that I would also like to have the chance to play a decent army list that can put up a match while *at the same time* fielding nice models. These should not be mutually exclusive points, actually.

I don't believe this is bending the rules so much as playing the game however you and your opponent see fit. You are not forced to play the game exactly to the rules because some rules are ridiculous. For example my club does not use the rule that blasts hit all levels of a building because then things like wyverns become insane. Of course if you don't want to use hector Rex's rules you could field him as a normal inquisitor like miniwargaming does.

I will say the Deathwatch Aquila included here is actually the one I would take in my Deathwatch army if I could. Simply put the Aquila featured in CIA is rewarded with re rolls of to wound and AP. The same squad loadout (pretty much same except shotgun wording) is called a 'Kill Team' in the Deathwatch codex, and it gets none of these rules.

Unfortunately the only option is the overpriced Corvus..this squad needs a pod or you're stuck giving it Stalkers.

Personally all I use Is Assassins for fun and Servo skulls for competitive play with massive scouting armies overwhelming Deathwatch quite easily. So that is now gone.

The only thing I wanted from this codex is reserves manipulation. So that doesn't seem very plausible.

The only thing I wanted from this codex is reserves manipulation. So that doesn't seem very plausible.

The Legion of the Damned can manipulate their own reserves. They don't lose too much either. Combi-weapons on the Sergeants and the artifact which I would not have been able to take anyway since I would be allying them in to my Imperial Knights.

I know that doesn't help Deathwatch much. But after all the research I have done I just don't think Deathwatch work as a stand-alone army right now. Maybe after a few more supplements and formations they will work better alone. But for now I can only play them as allies.

Sigh. Other good missed opportunities: to allow Inquisitors to buy a decent invulnerable save (e.g. storm shield, so that we could finally use that damn awesome Hector Rex model), and to make Orbital relay strike an upgrade that can be bought for a fair price (as it stands now, it seems to me that it is still Karamazov-only, i.e. useless). 

I was considering to add a couple Inquisitors and possibly a priest to my usual IG lists. Not much considering what the whole book was supposed to offer.

I think the nicest thing for me is that Coteaz can make henchmen have objective secured. It was one of the things that made playing an Inquisition only list fairly uncompetitive (aside from lacking some seriously good anti-armour choices). 

So for me, Coteaz + 3 mechanized squads of bolter/storm bolter acolytes is probably going to be an auto-include in my Inquisition lists.

I personally don't think Hector Rex is completely useless, but I like him mainly because he comes with Hammerhand and Sanctuary automatically, although he is fairly pricey for being able to do that.

The Legion of the Damned can manipulate their own reserves. They don't lose too much either. Combi-weapons on the Sergeants and the artifact which I would not have been able to take anyway since I would be allying them in to my Imperial Knights.

I know that doesn't help Deathwatch much. But after all the research I have done I just don't think Deathwatch work as a stand-alone army right now. Maybe after a few more supplements and formations they will work better alone. But for now I can only play them as allies.

Why wouldn't you have been able to take it the artifact? It's only a 35pt upgrade, that one of the sergeants could take. Also, they lost a lot more options that just combi-weapons, they also lost most of their heavy weapon options, and grav-pistols for the sergeants. 

I think the nicest thing for me is that Coteaz can make henchmen have objective secured. It was one of the things that made playing an Inquisition only list fairly uncompetitive (aside from lacking some seriously good anti-armour choices). 

So for me, Coteaz + 3 mechanized squads of bolter/storm bolter acolytes is probably going to be an auto-include in my Inquisition lists.

I personally don't think Hector Rex is completely useless, but I like him mainly because he comes with Hammerhand and Sanctuary automatically, although he is fairly pricey for being able to do that.

Why wouldn't you have been able to take it the artifact? It's only a 35pt upgrade, that one of the sergeants could take. Also, they lost a lot more options that just combi-weapons, they also lost most of their heavy weapon options, and grav-pistols for the sergeants. 

Unless I was running the LotD as my primary I wouldn't take the artifact anyway. Sure it is a decent artifact. But it is not needed and I would gladly give it up for the guaranteed arrival of my alpha strike on turn two.

My current Imperial Knight list only gives me 640 points to work with for allies and the LotD fit really good into it. Four squads of five, four multi-meltas and four meltaguns. Fear, Fearless, 3++, Ignores Cover on every ranged attack and relentless. These guys fill the exact role I need them to fill and will draw firepower away from my imperial knights or my opponent will see them disintegrate their army from their flank and rear.

The new formation for the LotD is really good. You lose upgrade options that most competitive players would not take anyway. You don't need flamers because they already ignore cover. You don't need the specialist pistols, they are over costed and will making taking out the units a priority more than they are already. The combi-bolter loss is a shame but it is okay. Having a multi-melta and a meltagun in the squad is enough. 

This faction, unit really..., got a huge buff with this book and I will be purchasing it mainly for the LotD rules.

Officer of the Fleet manipulates reserves, but I guess the Valkyrie tax wouldn't be worth while for Death Watch ...

It depends on the list you build really. Deathwatch have the groundwork to be a really good army. They need some more formations and they will get it from power creep. Right now they are a bit lack-luster as some of their units are just way to expensive for what they bring to the table. I personally think C:IA is a good book for Deathwatch from what I have read about it so far. But currently I feel that running pure Deathwatch is like tying your shoes together before you run a marathon. However, they are currently very decent allies. 

I look at things from a competitive stand-point. So reserves manip isn't really something I would consider. If I have to roll for reserves for a unit then I'll move on. There are a good deal of formations where your forces arrive on turn 2 period. Having to roll for reserves is too risky in today's Warhammer 40k where having every unit/shot on the table is too important. 

If I can't guarantee arrival of the unit no later than the beginning of my turn 2 then it is not worth taking.

I will say the Deathwatch Aquila included here is actually the one I would take in my Deathwatch army if I could. Simply put the Aquila featured in CIA is rewarded with re rolls of to wound and AP. The same squad loadout (pretty much same except shotgun wording) is called a 'Kill Team' in the Deathwatch codex, and it gets none of these rules.

Unfortunately the only option is the overpriced Corvus..this squad needs a pod or you're stuck giving it Stalkers.

Personally all I use Is Assassins for fun and Servo skulls for competitive play with massive scouting armies overwhelming Deathwatch quite easily. So that is now gone.

Thinking about the way that the formation is worded, can't you just take Vets out of the Deathwatch codex in that formation and then give them a drop pod? The formation says that it must be filled with 1 unit of troops with the Deathwatch formation, not that those troops have to come specifically from Codex: Inquisition. The same also applies to the Grey Knight formation in the book.

Hi all,

when talking about IG air support the Valk is always present and the Vendetta is always missing (despite the base dex).

Do you know why?

The navy detachment in IAgents is nice but not so good, it limits you only to Valks and of course you cannot fill them with troops becouse units cannot start battle in a transport that is not from theyr faction (AM troops in Navy transports, in this case).

I think that using empty Valks is a limitation, expecially against armies with a lot of vehicles or 4+ or 3+ or 2+ saves becouse the hellstrike missiles are one use only and of course are not TL.

So having Vendettas in this detatchment would be very nice and i think not so OP.

Indeed, a bad faux pas.

By the way, I realised that you can get uber-Chimeras with the Inquisition from this codex. For some reason, they cost 10 pts less than in the Astra Militarum codex (but they are identical). And with the very good psybolt upgrade, at only +5 pts you can give all bolter weapons of the vehicle +1 Strength.

That means that for 60pts you can have a Chimera with double heavy bolter that fires 6 shots at S 6 AP 4 r 36" each turn. And for 5 pts more you can add a Storm bolter that gets S 5, not bad at all.

Of course, the wrong part is that there is no way to get a Chimera in this list (despite it being a heavy support) unless you take it as a dedicated transport for an Inquisitorial retinue. Which means no uber-Chimera spam.

Anyway, I do hope that the discounted cost of this Chimera is an anticipation of the reduced cost that the tank will get in the new AM codex, which I hope will come out soon at the Fall of Cadia.

I don't know I I would call this dex a complete failure. There are a few good eggs in it. The legion of the damned formation for one.

I am hoping to get my book next month so I can peruse it more. But I hear interesting things regarding the inquisitor formations.

Might be a way to incorporate two hell grain brigades from militarum tempestus if you can shelter the two commissars in a land raider to protect them in a inquisitorial mob.

I agree it is not a complete failure, but given the amount of stuff it packs it should have been much better. At least make all 9 options actually playable!

I have updated the first post with some more thoughts on Inquisitors and Legion of the damned.

I mean, I got print Sisters rules, and I didn't lose anything (well, I have to wait to get Celestine). AoFs last until the end of the turn, and I can bring as many priests as I want now. The Command Squad is an Elites choice now, too. Sure, it's not really an update for Sisters, but I never expected it to be more than a print version of the e-dex. Actually, there are more changes than I expected :)

Plus, now I have rules for Assassins and Inquisitors, which is fun. I'm getting one of the old Hereticus Inquisitors (made to order) so I can run a Null Rod. It's exciting!

Anyway, I'm happy with the book. I'll admit I did go through a period of disappointment, but in reality it's about what I expected. And it's actually a really nice looking book (on the inside). I wish it had more actual Sisters art, but oh well.

Archived