Imperial Agents - Imperial Navy sections

Phubar

Hi all,

i bougth the codex above and i noticed that when talking about IG air support the Valk is always present and the Vendetta is always missing (despite the base dex).

Do you know why?

The navy detachment in IAgents is nice but not so good, it limits you only to Valks and of course you cannot fill them with troops becouse units cannot start battle in a transport that is not from theyr faction (AM troops in Navy transports, in this case).

I think that using empty Valks is a limitation, expecially against armies with a lot of vehicles or 4+ or 3+ or 2+ saves becouse the hellstrike missiles are one use only and of course are not TL.

So having Vendettas in this detatchment would be very nice and i think not so OP.

Sorry, didn noticed the Imperial Agents section of this forum. It also has a dedicated topic.

Most likely because of the no model no rule policy

Which doesnt bode well for our next codex either

Lets hope they do with the valk kit what they did with the storm talon one and make it multi build

There is a model for the vendetta though, they sell the upgrade kits through Forgeworld

Most likely because of the no model no rule policy

Which doesnt bode well for our next codex either

Lets hope they do with the valk kit what they did with the storm talon one and make it multi build

There is a model for the vendetta though, they sell the upgrade kits through Forgeworld

Meaning the model is "technically" a forge world model even though it is in the standard codex. It is why we had to wait so long to the rules for vendettas in death from the skies. Forge world had to publish it.

They'd better not remove rifleman dreads because of "no model" though, or I'll kick 'em in the butt :P

It is strange though, you'd think making a Vendetta plastic weapon sprue wouldn't exactly be an impossible hurdle to overcome, same goes for other missing options such as, indeed, the dreadnought autocannons.

The creation of the "Aeronautica Imperialis" faction in C:IA raises the possibility that they will expand the faction later, which hopefully will include Vendettas (and probably other variants as GW loves filling out sprues as much as possible). It'd be interesting to see if they'd introduce a rule to allow any Imperial faction to embark during deployment.

I think that would be a very strange decision made by GW to remove Vendettas from codex at all. In my local (4-7 towns) meta, which is about 100-200 men and women total and about 20 Guard commanders,quantity of Valkyries used is almost equal to statistical error. Only Vendettas. Valkyrie is considered as flying Chimera that can't be used as transport in most cases dew to new rule that forbides embarked troops in non-dedicated transports. Its' weapons are very cost inefficient comparing to Vendetta's and almost useles considering that Guard can provide more reliable sourses of pancakes and high AP shots that can be used every turn without any reserves rolls.

Archived