Mixing kits advice: Guard and Skitarii

Hey folks, has anyone got any experience with mixing the kits from Cadian inf and Skitarii? I'm wanting to build a couple of units with a kind of 'augmented auxillia' feel to them (and a fluff reason for them to have a 4+ carapace armour save). I got both kits of xmass but haven't yet had a chance to take a proper look at them. Anyone got any advice or recommendations?

Not my work but one of the coolest conversions I have seen.

I think there's more scion in there.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Warhammer/comments/49k1wr/inquisitorial_acolytes_of_the_ordo_sepulturum_wip/

Legs look familiar to me. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C1_ZPElBw-k/Usspxs5twzI/AAAAAAAAAB4/EhyJC61VIX8/s1600/IMG_0946.png

Three different kits were used for 30% each and if one is going to use other 60% he won't get the result that can be a part of the same army. Cool looking guys but in my books that's a squander. 

October (iirc) White Dwarf featured the studio's Armies on Parade entries, and in one of those Cadian torsos and legs were mixed with Skitarii Vanguard arms/weapons and heads, and it said that only a tiny bit of plastic needed shaving off to get the arms to fit perfectly. I don't know how well any of the other parts may go together, having never made that particular kit-bash myself.

Well, I've gone with 3rd (2nd?) party bits instead rather than go hacking them appart. Anvil do some great guard scale bits that will give them the right feel, with a few bionic bits thrown in. Might well do some plastic shaving and try and make those Skitarii heads fit though, as I do like them...and that power sword IS pretty. I guess the rest of the Skitarii will just have to form the basis of a new army *sigh*msn-wink.gif

Archived