Militarum Tempestus Valkyrie Formation Worth It?

Rommel44

Hey mates. Just wanted your thoughts and opinions on the Militarim Tempestus Valkyrie Formation very quickly. Is it worth fielding at all? Or would I be better off utilizing the Formation utilizing the Taurox Primes or would I be better off using something else entirely? Any experience with either of these formations would be greatly appreciated, especially the one that utilizes the Valkyrie 's as that is the one I am the most curious about atm. Look forward to the feedback mates.

I'm sure an experienced Stormtrooper commander can come along soon for more, but if you're looking for a way to deploy units quickly with mobility then it's useful. If you have enough Valkyries is perhaps a different concern! The special rules speak for themselves, I think the main thing to consider is the nature of going flyer heavy - but this all depends on what you're trying to do.

Any flyer formation is going to have the handicap of needing bodies on the table. You need a tough core that can start deployed because it will need to be able to stay on the table until your reserves can enter on turn 2. 

That said, it's a great formation in theory. I don't have enough Valkyries to run it, so I never have been able to. If you're going flyer heavy through, I'd consider just playing a detachment of Elysians, as they can get their Valkyries in first turn.

Works okay with a Knight to hold the table for turn one. Not so great if you get tabled before the bulk of your army arrives. Quite a few armies have the ability to do that now, so I am just not sure about it. It has given me less success than the ground formation, and I am not completely sold on that either, though it can at least choose to start on the table.

Ive had a fair amount of trigger time with my Air Assault formation, its okay, its fun but i wouldnt call it competitive.

It reliably shows up turn 2, but the Valks themselves only really do alot of mid strength firepower which isnt really impressive vs MEQ/TEQ. Biggest issue is a pretty low body count as the Scions arent cheap either.

But i wont deny its fun flying into battle on Valkyries.

I still think that Elysians are the best way to play flyer heavy armies. When you can get valkyries deployed first turn, it's a pretty great thing. Putting your Valkyries exactly where you want them, dumping out some stormies, to shred whatever is next to them.

You also get squadrons of Vultures, Thunderbolts as heavy support. Sure it's got no tanks but you have flyers.

Plus Armored battlegroup is a potential ally, so take that for tanks.

Archived