UM Breacher Squads

StruManChu

Good day, savvy rules-knowing Frater!

Really quick question - When equipping an Ultramarines Breacher squad, are there any restrictions on special weapons if I've also equipped some of them with power swords?

Thinking of having a squad of 10 broken down like so -

4/5 w/ power swords

3/4 w/ bolters

2 with flamers

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, because it looks like I can give 'any member of the squad' a sword, but wanted to check with wiser sorts before I glue everything together.

Thanks!

I think the wording doesnt force you to replace all weapons.  Its ambiguous I agree but if you look at wording similar in the red book for other squads/options when it says may it doesnt force the entire squad to replace.

In all honestly its a worthless upgrade option that will never be used if you have to do all wpns....as then you would lose your special wpns which is one of the only nice things about breachers over tacticals in a non-ZM game.  

Upgrading breachers with power swords is more of a treat to the enemy than an actual advantage for yourself. I would consider a couple swords and a pair of meltas or gravs (gravatons only because they can take them, not because they would be easy to use properly). Especially if you run the army as the UM RoW with the big-G, then counter attacking breachers can do well enoigh in melee.

IDK a 10 man breacher squad-  SGT-w/Artificer, PF or TH, and combi something, 2x melta guns, and 2x power swords---esp since the power swords are only 5 pts each isn't to bad.  On the charge 4 extra power sword swings for only 10 pts isn't a bad deal, and you still have 5 extra bodies to block wounds with before you lose the precious stuff lol.

Prolly how I would build my UM breachers, would never do the entire squad.   

IDK a 10 man breacher squad-  SGT-w/Artificer, PF or TH, and combi something, 2x melta guns, and 2x power swords---esp since the power swords are only 5 pts each isn't to bad.  On the charge 4 extra power sword swings for only 10 pts isn't a bad deal, and you still have 5 extra bodies to block wounds with before you lose the precious stuff lol.

Prolly how I would build my UM breachers, would never do the entire squad.   

Charging with breachers is a good way to eat overwatch fire and fail your charge. Remember they have -1 to distances.

Archived