Mirr'or-Demon of chaos

TheBlindPrimarch

OK, so this thread is for Mirr'or, a demon character in the BoTL universe. I'll be doing a short bit of development during which input is most welcome, and then I'll post the rough draft of his story, then once that's been approved I'll post his final draft, which will be moved to the first post.

I'll also post any artwork for the character i come up with here and invite the other artists in this group to submit art for him as well if you want.

I hope you all like him.

Mirr'or- The Recorder, The Reflection, The Portal of Infinite Truths

An unaligned demon who's goals and desires are completely unknown.

I'm thinking of a scenario where Mirr'or attempts to "enlighten" either Icarion or Alex (or another, less pivotal character) by showing them the multitude of realities where humanity falls. It's seen as an attempt to sow doubt but could also be seen as a rare occasion of a demon of the warp trying to do good. (Cause you know, whoever said all demons are bad?)

Mirr'or is a manifestation of unadulterated knowledge, fact. He knows everything there is to know, across every dimension. He doesn't seek to twist fate or manipulate the mortal plain with this knowledge, his only intention is to share it with those who seek it and are willing to accept it.  I'm thinking he's trapped on a planet separated from time by Tzeentch (who views Mirr'or as a nuisance, if not an outright threat) and is discovered by [insert Primarch name here] and tries to share his knowledge (with various levels of success depending on who it is he's talking to.)

Mir'ror sounds really cool. I'm not sure he should be a legitimate 'good guy,' though. I'd probably have him share some of his knowledge to a primarch just to spite Tzeench, tbh. That way he still stays twisted (and we are unsure of his intent). 

Mirr'or could potentially be one of the reasons the Predators switched sides.

As they are searching for answers to defeat chaos, Mirr'or could jump in and lead them on the wrong path until they joined Icarion.

Very subtle and behind the scenes of course.

But that sounds again like manipulation tzeentch would do. Maybe the thing about mir'or is really that it is up to the listener what he makes from the information given to him. Not the source is responsible

Mir'or just wants to share knowledge. So maybe andezo met him and because andezo is so negative a guy, he saw only the worst case scenario and decided that he must stop it. Whereas a char like alex or gwal would have seem the good side or would not have believed the daemon

I actually like Kel's idea better than my suggestions. I've already got five daemonic arrangements set for Alex, and that's plenty of personal interactions for him. It might be a good idea to still have a meeting between Mirr'or and Icarion since the number of unaligned daemons can be counted on one hand. 

But that can come before the Insurrection. Andezo could really use a good character arc, and I think Mirr'or could play a pivotal role in his doom. We understand that daemons and factions are naturally attracted to people who are pursuing activities related to their 'field', as it were. Andezo, after a certain point, becomes obsessed with learning the truth and figuring out how to guide the future. He is a natural target for Mirr'or, who would be more than happy to overload Andezo with information since Andezo wouldn't know when to stop.

!!!I just had a realization!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but Icarion turns on the Emperor because he finds out damning information about the Emperor, right? Have we cemented where is was from that he acquired this information? Could it be that before the insurrection Icarion ran into Mirr'or and within the confusing rush of knowledge he was bombarded with he learned of something that drove him to turn?

Or maybe he was shown the future of the Imperium and misinterpreted the image. Mirr'or shares his knowledge, he doesn't explain it, so misinterpretation is possible.

Andezo is the blind voodoo guy, right?

!!!I just had a realization!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but Icarion turns on the Emperor because he finds out damning information about the Emperor, right? Have we cemented where is was from that he acquired this information? Could it be that before the insurrection Icarion ran into Mirr'or and within the confusing rush of knowledge he was bombarded with he learned of something that drove him to turn?

Or maybe he was shown the future of the Imperium and misinterpreted the image. Mirr'or shares his knowledge, he doesn't explain it, so misinterpretation is possible.

Solution: Alexos does something, don't know what cause I don't know how he facilitated the vision in the first place; that causes Icarion's ship to drop out of the warp in Mirr'or's little time prison. This creates an opportunity for Mirr'or to share his knowledge with Icarion and though Alexos doesn't know exactly what Mirr'or will share he knows that it's likely to be something big and potentially dangerous to the Emperor. (Like making deals with the chaos gods)

What do you guys think?

Wasn't it establisjed that alexos finds 3 lightning bearwrs from caninverse who fled.through thr webway and presented them to icarion? I mean you can still combine both versions. Alexos might have come across mir'or earlier and now with the lightning bearers he has the right tools togheter to let icarion fall. Step 1: somehow influence icarions dreams ( warp gods maybe?) step two: present the lightning bearers step three: let icarion take a glimpse into the far future while having the lightning bearers around and again using some warp shenanigans to influence the vision. As sim said, the more you look into the future, the more inaccurate it will be and you get more and more possible truths. Step 4: bring him to mir'or and ask if the lightning bearers tell the truth and if this is the fate icarion awaits and mir'or. Share his knowledge. ( switch step 3 and 4 if willing, but this could work) step 5: push the shocked and desillusioned icariin over the cliff. Step 6: add more layers to the steps to make it more deceptive^^