365 Days of Hobby 2017 Ed.

Grotsmasha

So, some of you may have caught this thread last year, and well, I managed 15 days, pitiful really, right??

This year, I hope to make it until at least February (ecluding 3 days in Jan when I'm Interstate).

Much like last year, running this years Boxing Day Bash got my motivation kick-started, these two guys,

gallery_48988_11572_62146.jpg

So with no more delay, here's what I've been up to for the last 3 days...

January

Hidden Content

1st - The one with the Dreadnaughts

2nd - The one with the 1st Legion Chaplain

3rd - The one with the 1st Legion Vet Sgt

4th - The one wih Legionares 2, 3, and 4

5th - The one with Legionaires 5, 6, and 7

6th - The one with Legionaires 8 & 9

7th -

8th -

9th - 

10th -

11th -

12th -

13th -

14th - 

15th -

16th -

17th -

18th -

19th -

20th -

21st -

22nd -

23rd -

24th -

25th -

26th -

27th -

28th -

29th -

30th -

31st -

Jan 1st

So quite a while back, I realised my Hobby had to become self-sustaining. I convinced my parter that buying, painting, and selling BaC Boxsets would be the way for me ro do that, however, I have procrastinated....badly. I received two boxsets in March, and until NY's Day, had only painted 2x Marines....

To correct that, I began repainting the two Dreads completed for The Bash, one in Ultramarines, and one in Blood Angels, the idea being I'll use GW plastic Chapter Upgrade frames to make the Marines (at least) stand out a little.

gallery_48988_12718_343265.png

gallery_48988_12718_37305.png

Neither are finished, with both needing the metal trims finished, plus significant tidy up.

Cheers,

Jono

Jan 2nd

Now, here's another one of the area's I've failed with the painting BaC sets, is I *may* have confiscated the Cataphractaii after seeing Doghouse's current method for Art-Scaling Heresy Marines......So I promptly ordered a set of mklll Plastics Vets and set to it.

First up is a conversion of Aetheon/Kurtha Sedd into a Chaplain

gallery_48988_12718_163530.png

I have the bitz layed out for all 10 marines and hope to get to them one a day.

Cheers,

Jono

Jan 3rd

The second of my newest Art Scale 1st Legion project, a Veteran Segeant. I have no idea if the load-out is legal, I haven't gamed since 2nd Ed. and probably won't be starting anytime soon...

gallery_48988_12718_36371.png

Should have two more for tomorrow....got a little excited....

Cheers,

Jono

The art scale with the plastic legs look so natural, if you didn't say they were artscale they could very easily be mistaken for normal. I might have to give it a crack at some point.

It's the mklll plastics, the arms are just that little bit bulkier, the scale difference is less noticable.

The middle guy resting his hand on his chainsword is quite wonderful. Is the resting hand modified left hand or some extra bit?

Very slightly modified, all I did was saw through the join between the forearm and elbow and rotate it an glue it back in place.

Cheers,

Jono

The middle guy resting his hand on his chainsword is quite wonderful. Is the resting hand modified left hand or some extra bit?

Very slightly modified, all I did was saw through the join between the forearm and elbow and rotate it an glue it back in place.

Cheers,

Jono

Consider this borrowed!!! ;)

Jan 5th

Three more Legionaires.

gallery_48988_12718_30311.png

Three more to go, but I'm down 1 set of legs due to using a pair for the DA's Paladin Challenge,

Hidden Content

gallery_48988_6285_81910.png

I have purchased another mklll squad, so hopefully I'll be able to get cracking on a second squad soon.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived