New Rumour, ALL 30k Mechanicum units coming to 40k!

Hummm... that Onager might be a kit-bash, but it sure is inspiring. I've been looking for some ideas on how to make a conversion kit for the Onager (since I plan to build several, and would like to make some that are more unique) and that there sure has me thinking... Yup, very interesting. *Saves the image for later reference*

So, I'm curious. Given previous discussion I assume no, but might forgeworld provide more upgrades for admech units? Like more gear options for Dominii, or an onager gun like in the picture from the weakender? It would be cool to have some more options.

A few wargear options I guess no. New unit entries, yes, but no one knows when.

They usually don't release single wargear options like fancy weapons for dominii, just conversion kits for existing units (like secutarii) and entirely new units and characters. We'll have to wait for the book to tell us more, at least the Inferno book has a secutarii HQ listed.

They usually don't release single wargear options like fancy weapons for dominii, just conversion kits for existing units (like secutarii) and entirely new units and characters. We'll have to wait for the book to tell us more, at least the Inferno book has a secutarii HQ listed.

What about dedicated transport options? Could skitarii get access to a triaros or a macrocarid?

What about dedicated transport options? Could skitarii get access to a triaros or a macrocarid?

Ähm... this topic IS about getting access to all FW modells in 40k... so yeah, we hope so :teehee:

Ähm... this topic IS about getting access to all FW modells in 40k... so yeah, we hope so :teehee:

Well... ok... duh. What I mean is might they get them as a dedicated transport option, as opposed to just being in the same army.

Well... ok... duh. What I mean is might they get them as a dedicated transport option, as opposed to just being in the same army.

No one knows until the book hits. FW usually doesn't hand out dedicated transports like candy. In the Heresy, if you want drop pods at all (unless you pay 100p and a FA slot per pod) requires an all-deepstriking army to even allow them. Opposed to GW, where you can just drop half a dozen empty ones to take objectives.

No one knows until the book hits. FW usually doesn't hand out dedicated transports like candy. In the Heresy, if you want drop pods at all (unless you pay 100p and a FA slot per pod) requires an all-deepstriking army to even allow them. Opposed to GW, where you can just drop half a dozen empty ones to take objectives.

In the leaks of the rules from the new HH book, the secuatrii peltasts and hoplites have the option to take a triaros as a DT if that's any indication.

So any news regarding this rumour?

So far the only thing I've heard that this could be referring to is the 8th Edition having 40k/30k rules. Which I believe is similar to GWs reason to why they made two 40k codexes instead of just the one. Unless I missed something on the horus heresy weekender 2017 coverage saying a IA will be bringing them to 40k.

If it does happen I'd like the option to field as Dark Mechanicum also, no point doing two books when you can do an Imperial/Chaos upgrade option on the same entry.

-Noctem

So any news regarding this rumour?

Short answer: No. Not the least, even if people around here get visibly desperate.

FW is busy with the new HH black book, and have always pushed the IA AdMech book back after Inferno. Now that the big Inferno party is over, the book actually gets closer. But no one at the event talked about it (because shiny new black book), so besides some randomly reappearing or intentionally misinterpreted (looking at you, BolS) quotes from previous events, there is absolutely nothing new to report on this rumor. Just wait for the book, there is nothing else to do.

I've heard remarks that now Skitarii can be used in 30k. Anyone know the details on this?

It's basically the peltasts and hopilites getting rules in the newest book, and they get updated / Fixed ruling and a place in the mechanicum.

From what I understand it's a bit weird. They are not compulsory troop choices in the list, but they are around the same amount of points and can take radium rifles instead of their cool guns, so if you have vanguard models you can pretty much use those without too much worry. (anyone who complains about the different helmets are :cuss's really) 

they also can take the expensive triarios transports and have a cool HQ choice (that may or may not be an Independent character)

I've heard remarks that now Skitarii can be used in 30k. Anyone know the details on this?

It's basically the peltasts and hopilites getting rules in the newest book, and they get updated / Fixed ruling and a place in the mechanicum.

From what I understand it's a bit weird. They are not compulsory troop choices in the list, but they are around the same amount of points and can take radium rifles instead of their cool guns, so if you have vanguard models you can pretty much use those without too much worry. (anyone who complains about the different helmets are :cuss's really) 

they also can take the expensive triarios transports and have a cool HQ choice (that may or may not be an Independent character)

Have there been any leaks out since the first copys of inferno have been sold last weekend? I am curious what has been changed for 30k compared to the experimental rules for 40k.

There was a leak somewhere in the tactica.

Hoplites are cheaper with a +1 S on their shooting.

Peltasts are cheaper base, but pays for the kinetic shot, which puts them above their current cost.

The flechettes have lower S.

Also can bring radium carbines or arc rifles (12" range, which is probably a typo), upgraded per model.

Both have Triaros as dedicated and Hazard Protocol instead of Doctrines.

To take them as Compulsory Troops in Taghmata or Ordo Reductor lists you need a Titan. You can still take them as Troops but you would need other squads of Thallax (for the OrdoR) or Tech Thralls (for Taghmata) to meet the minimum requirements for the Force Org chart :) 

Also the ignis blaze shot no longer has ignores cover.

Peltasts took a pretty heavy hit :/

Oh dear :/ that ignores cover was essential to a lot of the performance I got out of them... losing it makes them a lot harder to justify, especially if the shred went down in strength.

They were a stupendous AA unit vs the cheaty stupidity of flying 2++ rerolable Invuln Save Fateweaver. They actually put out enough shots to wound him. But if the strength goes down then kairos is just 1 point of toughnes away from being immune... sad considering the general lack of good MC hunting units (other than vanguard).

I could understand nerfing the kinetic shot, but by nerfing their other shots, I'm affraid what my next match vs my fiancé will be like.