Cobalt Angels WIP

Fezifresh

Okay, those look really awesome. Bone trim, bone casings, dynamic poses, sergeant with helmet and recognisable markings, great bases,... Yes, I like it. I like it alot! 

Edit: Wow, missed the markings on the kneeplates. Great stuff!

Edited by GreyRavenC

First up: Thanks so much for the comments. You encourage me a lot :smile.:

1st Veteran Squad Razkel

This is my designated killsquad for armoured targets. They usually arrive by Droppod in the enemy deployement zone. I should get it up to 10 Marines, but there is too much other stuff to finish first :-/

gallery_87474_12747_278967.jpg

gallery_87474_12747_101031.jpg

Edited by Fezifresh

These are looking great but I do have one bit of criticism. The Power Fists! You have colors broken up very well all over the model and then you get hit with the fist of blah (sorry for the bad pun). My suggestion would be to add some more color to those ham hands be it blue like the jet packs or bone like your other weapons. 

The Banner could use some additional flair mainly because the DW symbol is so small on that large field of bone. Since this is the Third squad, you could add the Roman Numeral III in a corner of the field. You could then scribble some lines as though a list of battles and campaigns the squad has participated in or add some runes like on the shield under the DW logo or down a side. 

These are looking great but I do have one bit of criticism. The Power Fists! You have colors broken up very well all over the model and then you get hit with the fist of blah (sorry for the bad pun). My suggestion would be to add some more color to those ham hands be it blue like the jet packs or bone like your other weapons. 

The Banner could use some additional flair mainly because the DW symbol is so small on that large field of bone. Since this is the Third squad, you could add the Roman Numeral III in a corner of the field. You could then scribble some lines as though a list of battles and campaigns the squad has participated in or add some runes like on the shield under the DW logo or down a side. 

I like your suggestions. I'll definitly work on the fists and the banner. Will repost the marines when I get to it :)

Fezifresh, these guys looks great! I love different color takes on the Unforgiven! The deep blue is done very well, and the bone trim is well executed.

I must ask though, are you sure these guys didn't fall to Chaos at any point and become the Extinction Angels? :devil:

(Not my own DiY, the Extinction Angels are an almost nothing-known GW Chaos warband)

Fezifresh; I don't know how you do it. Your paint is consistently getting better, and you're churning models out so ridiculously fast. Not as fast as Elmo, but close :wink:

I can't take full credit for it :) I'm actually more of a slow painter. I just touched up all the models I painted over the last year and a half, to make them look more consistent.

It's freezing cold where I live, so I can't prime my new models (at least 30 Marines and vehicles). Using your advice really is a good way to keep me painting and motivated.

I still have to put finishing touches on the Deatwing and Ravenwing equivalents of the Cobalt Angels.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's still freezing cold here and I cant use my spraycans. So I built all my remaining Cobalt Angels.
Here's a pic of the armour waiting to get painted:

gallery_87474_12880_185810.jpg

And Infantry:

gallery_87474_12880_554503.jpg

Something else:

I have some Characters, Terminators, Bikers and some Tanks already finished. Are you guys interested in my already finished Cobalt Angels aswell? Not really WIP so I dont know if it belongs here...