Extinction by ADB

Mellow

It's not bad. I did wonder for a few moments if ...

... the one that dies from whipping made me think it was Corax that did it as he's the only one with a whip that I know of.

... but then I thought that couldn't possible be true and disregarded my thought.

I'm hoping other Novels will cover just how thoroughly they are trounced after the HH.

The one with the whip sounded more like Lucius, or any other generic EC with a whip^^

Need to admit, while I'm a huuuuge fan of ADB (wub.png ), that one was a bit weak. Not on the same level as the awesome "Last Son of Prospero", sadly :(

The one with the whip sounded more like Lucius, or any other generic EC with a whip^^

Need to admit, while I'm a huuuuge fan of ADB (wub.png ), that one was a bit weak. Not on the same level as the awesome "Last Son of Prospero", sadly :(

I agree it was weak. That's why I settled for a "it's not bad" ... because it's not. It's acceptable reading I guess. Although being a short it's probably difficult to put s story forward that has any deep meaning.

The end reminded me a bit of 90s box set art. Battles of impossibly large scale.

I enjoyed it, although I had thought it was going to be set before the next novel rather than before the ToH.

Agreed. Odd to be before ToH (or more specifically after the retreat from Terra). That sort of story of "punishing the SoH" could be a single normal sized novel showing multiple Legions perspectives over the same time period.

I think the book was just a mood setting. I didn't judge it harshly because it's... less than 25 pages?

It shows the state of the union. It's bad. It shows the state of the leader... he's bad. He's detached, dispassionate. 

To me it implies a small but significant summary of the how the aftermath begins. A long road of inner struggle, meaningless skirmishes. Abaddon sees no point. He's moving on, and away from it.

I kind of liken it to Obi Wan crawling in a hut on Tatooine. It's time for introspection and finding value again. 

I actually liked it. but I've always been more of a 'mood' and 'character' guy over a storyline.

I liked it for what it was, which was a story about the Sons of Horus being killed off.

If there's something about it that I didn't like, it's that it wasn't the story I wish it had been, which is something that we'll probably see in Black Legion: Abaddon explaining just how he came to believe what he expresses in The Talon of Horus.

But that's not either here nor there.

To be fair, I can't think of any short that's as good as Last Son of Prospero.

Wel, that's probably true hehe.

What I really enjoyed though - the little bit about Abaddons horus-heresy era Cataphractii armour :D

Wasn´t this one published in the Talon of Horus limited edition?

It was, along with The Wonderworker and Chosen of Chaos.

Sigh.

I bought it because I was traveling and got excited. I didn't recognize the title, I guess, so I wouldn't remember that it was part of the Limited Edition.

To be fair, I can't think of any short that's as good as Last Son of Prospero.

Because there are none :)

It's a testament to how good ADB is that I can read a story about Sons of Horus getting slaughtered and still enjoy it.

Indeed it is so. Plus Khayon card sets are amazing. Extinction truly shows how Legion die

Archived